It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
(female)

jenjen05 HB User
Re: Is it really a yeast infection? I'm frustrated. Help!

Hello everyone!
(And a special hello to TosinMA)

An update to my situation. I finished the penicillin and felt worse. I went back to the Gyno and he did one last swab and also looked under the microscope and said I didn't have yeast. He also called the urologist to see if we could get my appointment moved up because of the amount of pain I'm in. The swab was normal. So, for the first time in two years, I definitively know that my vagina itself is normal. Weeee! Only problem, my bladder is still killing me as well as my frequent urination. It pretty much runs my life.

I saw the urologist a couple days ago. I did the cystoscopy thingy and she seemed puzzled. My bladder wall looks fine. Nothing abnormal, though I did have a packed up intestine laying on my bladder. She said that the only diagnosis she could give me was interstitial cystitis even though my bladder doesn't look like a bladder that commonly is diagnosed with that (lots of veins on bladder wall that can looked inflamed or bleed, according to her). She gave me a RX for Cytotec (used to treat old people with stomach ulcers) and she said that most people get some relief from their IC symptoms with that but much heavier, painful periods. Well I already have painful periods and don't want more painful ones. She also gave me a brochure for Cystaq and told me to order some, but that it would take two months to get any relief from that. Ugh. Needless to say, I am not happy with my diagnosis for a variety of reasons.... being that my bladder doesn't look like an IC bladder and that IC is a devastating diagnosis. I do not want to be in pain the rest of my life. My IBS causes me problems but I can manage it and it doesn't cause me pain every day! I'm frustrated and I'm going to go and get a second opinion from a urologist my mom's friend recommended.

Anyway, praise God for my Gyno, cause when I called him telling him how much pain I am in and how I'm going out of town this weekend to Disney World and Universal Studios for my birthday Jan 25, he gave me a RX for enough Percocet to get me through the 27th. In the mean time I'm trying to follow the IC and IBS diets (but its getting freakin' hard, there's like nothing I can eat now). Blahhh!

And to TosinMA:
They should have given you doxycycline the first time. I would guess you still have chlamydia. Doxycycline is the protocol drug for chlamydia and should be tried before anything else, especially a weaker drug like clindamycin. Some anal discharge is common, if its more than usual, I would say its possible the chlamydia has leached into your digestive system, and if it has you need to get treated and FAST. It's more likely this has happened if you've had anal sex or anal play of any kind, though I am proof that you don't have to have anal sex to get chlamydia in your butt. Don't end up like I did, get the chlamydia gone no matter how many doctors you have to see. Don't end up with a PID, it can really screw up your life!!! Oh and try and eat 4-8 oz of yogurt every day, it will help with the yeast. I would say its possible for you to have endometriosis, but you can't make that diagnosis until you are definitely disease free. And he'd have to do at least a transvaginal ultrasound or a pelvic ultrasound or both to even be able to speculate endometrisosis. Oh, and if you don't get rid of the chlamydia (if its in your digestive system) in time, it will ruin your intestines and you'll end up with IBS like me. You don't want IBS. The diet for it is ridiculous and severely limits you. I know how hard all this is, and to have doctors look at you like your crazy or like you did this to yourself so they don't seem to care as much as they should. Don't stop till you get cured and you get answers, even if you have to go see more doctors to get your answer. Don't stop, don't let it or them win!!!!!!!!!

Love to all of you,
Jennifer

Last edited by jenjen05; 01-20-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #17
(female)

TosinMA HB User

Hi Jenn!

Thank you for the special reply I am having a laparoscopy on friday, along with a hysteroscopy, and possible D and C. The doctor just emailed me, telling me that he is going to take tissue samples from the perenatal fluid (sp?) and cervix, which is what he will do when I get there for my procedure. The crazy thing that boggles me is, it took me two years to even get a diagnosis that this is Chlamydia! I had to go to a doctor in NYC and spend about two grand for both me and my boyfriend just to tell me that! That doc. has a "specialized" laboratory. BUT I am puzzled at how this went under the radar when I have classic symptoms, and Chlamydia is so common. There are many tests to do for Chlamydia, and I heard PCRs are the most accurate. I'm pretty sure that my original gyn never did that kind of test the MANY times I saw him. Kind of frustrating. And that discharge from the rectum, I feel is caused from whipping front to back, I've never had anal sex. I had a colonoscopy done last year because colitis runs in my family, and my colonoscopy can back fine and negative for any possibilities of me having colitis! YAY!

Unfortunately I feel I have acute PID. I am not having periods regularly, more like every few months, and I'm in pain everywhere down there. I'm not sure about the endometriosis because I heard women have very painful periods while having it....and I'm not even having a period at all hardly, they are getting lighter, their not painful, and I'm having abnormal discharge, which doesn't fall under the endometriosis at all. So I'm puzzled at that implied diagnosis by my doctor. But a test with the laparoscopy will tell me if I have it or not.

So I guess I will find everything out Friday or sometime after that when tests come back. I'm a bit nervous, and anxious. I just want to be better and have my life back. And I know you know what I am talking about. Its been such a long strange journey!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #18
(female)

alexis1234 HB User

Hi Tosin and Jenjen,

Test for ureaplasma. Most doc. don't check for it, but it has symptoms like c.t.

Alexis

Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #19
(female)

TosinMA HB User

I was tested for mycroplasma, which I think is the same thing right? I was negative for that, aerobic and anerobic bacteria - except for a lot of lactobacilli, but thats in the vagina naturally, that and Chlamydia, which I was positive, and Thricomonads, which I was negative, also negative for gonnorhea.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #20
(female)

TosinMA HB User

Hi everyone,

So, quite update before I go to bed.... I had the laparoscopy....saw nothing wrong! But some fluid near my uterus... they are testing it for chlamydia and step b (the two things Ive been tested positive before for) with tissue cultures....I am still waiting... they put me on doxycycline - I had normal discharge by the fifth day...but now the old discharge is back....I still have a week left to go.

oh and jen, I also have the white film in the labias that itch, and my discharge is less than normal...kind of clumpy when it comes out...its yellowish and non-stretchy.

Jen, any updates for you??? I really think we are in a similar situation and want to keep in touch and research this together...two heads are better than one.

<3

Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
(female)

TosinMA HB User

Jennifer,

Anything new? I finished the doxycyline and now I am taking gynozol 1 for yeast, I think it may be more yeast - particularly yeast galbrata, than a bacteria.

If there is anything new let me know. I feel we have the same issue, and we can take eachothers info to get better, I have suffered with this for so long!

<3

Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #22
(female)

jenjen05 HB User

Right now I've just been really busy with life in general. I still have a lot of bladder pain that is constant but varies in severity day to day. I had a urologist tell me I have IC, but I don't believe she's right. I visited various IC websites and some of the things that should trigger flares of pain in me just don't. I waited till I was in hardly any pain and drank coffee, tea, booze, and ate a bunch of foods that should have made me hurt like a ******. And yeah, I didn't flare. So I believe what I have is bacterial or related to IBS-C. When my IBS-C is in full swing and I have a lot of gas and stuff I feel barely any pain. When I'm using the bathroom normally, I'm in some pain but not a lot. The last week has been tolerable but I still have to take a vicodin to sleep at night but during the day I can ignore the little pain I have. But prior to feeling better this last week, I was in so much pain I just wanted to cut my own bladder out and replace it with a damn ziploc bag (LOL, but not really funny).

I'm seeing another urologist, Dr Borges, here in St Petersburg on the 26th who has a great reputation in the area. We'll see what he says.

I hope your feeling better TosinMA. I know how hard all this is and its just emotionally and physically exhausting. I hope the doxy worked for you. Are you eating 8oz of yogurt a day? Doing that has kept my vagina nice and healthy ever since I started it. Good luck!

Jennifer

Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #23
(female)

TosinMA HB User

Hi Jennifer,

I hope that urologist can give you some good insight or some answers, wouldn't that be nice! I hate being a mystery to the medical world. But thats been my life.

I am still thinking my issue is yeast related now. I have ear issues - itching and pain, hair loss, I feel run down all the time, amongst other things, and whenever I eat sugars (which I crave) the symptoms worsen. I ordered ThreeLac, and should be getting it next week. We will see how well it works!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
(male)

Perpman HB User

Hi jenjen,
I am looking for a good gyno for my wife. She is having this vaginal itching problem for many, many years. She had a kidney transplaint about 5 years ago (I hope it's not because of those false treatment you mentioned... I don't even remember what medications she has been subscribed so long ago) She doesn't have discharge and her frequent bathroom visit problem disappearred after the transplaint. But the itching and discomfort problem are still there and no doctors seem to know what to do... Anyway, I don't see any more replies here after Feb 2009, how are you doing now and can you give your doctor's info if he is really good? Thanks!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #25
(female)

Gardasil Poisin HB User

Better consult a homeopathic doctor. Gardasil is probably your culprit and doctors do NOT acknowledge it!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #26
(female)

Jenny8117 HB User

Every single time I have been to the gynos office, they call back and say that I have a yeast infection. Its horrible, because I never feel anything! So sometimes I ignore it, sometimes I take the Diflucan. But this has been going on for 4 years now....I also have the cancer causing HPV and have had a Leep done in 2008. I may need another one soon though, because the mild dysplasia is back. It makes me nervous because Im almost 28 and dont have kids yet. I want my cervix to be in tact for that, and cant seem to get rid of this dysplasia! Or yeast infection! I cant figure it out, because Im a very healthy person. My mom did have Candida when she was young, and so did I. This means that your body naturally produces more yeast and generally makes you feel like crap. Hopefully this is whats causing the test results to say yeast all the time, and not something like HIV. YIKES!! So I feel your pain.....

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #27
(female)

msjae HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen05 View Post
Right now I've just been really busy with life in general. I still have a lot of bladder pain that is constant but varies in severity day to day. I had a urologist tell me I have IC, but I don't believe she's right. I visited various IC websites and some of the things that should trigger flares of pain in me just don't. I waited till I was in hardly any pain and drank coffee, tea, booze, and ate a bunch of foods that should have made me hurt like a ******. And yeah, I didn't flare. So I believe what I have is bacterial or related to IBS-C. When my IBS-C is in full swing and I have a lot of gas and stuff I feel barely any pain. When I'm using the bathroom normally, I'm in some pain but not a lot. The last week has been tolerable but I still have to take a vicodin to sleep at night but during the day I can ignore the little pain I have. But prior to feeling better this last week, I was in so much pain I just wanted to cut my own bladder out and replace it with a damn ziploc bag (LOL, but not really funny).

I'm seeing another urologist, Dr Borges, here in St Petersburg on the 26th who has a great reputation in the area. We'll see what he says.

I hope your feeling better TosinMA. I know how hard all this is and its just emotionally and physically exhausting. I hope the doxy worked for you. Are you eating 8oz of yogurt a day? Doing that has kept my vagina nice and healthy ever since I started it. Good luck!

Jennifer
Hi jen,

I too seem to be in the same boat as you girls. I also have IBS and pelvic pain with a chronic yeast infection that cannot seem to be cured. I also have a really disgusting smell. I assume its because of my IBS-d and mucho mucho gas but I often smell it without even feeling the need to pass gas. I was just wondering if you had that symptom. I can deal with the pain because i can hide it but the discharge and the fecal odor is embarassing and has driven me to a life of solitude and im only 26!! Any feedback would be appreciated. And I hope you feel better!

Closed Thread