It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

SolitaryBlaze HB User
Question Consistent Menstrual Cramps

Hi, I'm a 30 year old female. I am NOT pregnant. I have a history of having pretty severe menstrual cramps during my period. But the last couple of months I've been experiencing pretty constant menstrual-like cramping no matter what time of the month it is. These cramps feel much less severe than the cramps that I get on the first day of my period. But they are still bothersome, and more so they're beginning to concern me. I don't understand why I suddenly always feel like I'm about to start my period at any moment, even when it's not due. So far, I haven't had any unwarranted bleeding. Nor has my flow changed when my period actually arrives.

I've tried to look online for some answers, but everything that comes up is about pregnant women experiencing this. I am absolutely NOT pregnant. So has anyone experienced symptoms like this? Is it some sort of early menopause symptom?? Am I going to need a hysterectomy??

Thanks in advance for tales of experience, etc.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
(female)

ARIES18 HB User
Smile Re: Consistent Menstrual Cramps

I suffer with endometriosis. Based on the symptoms that your described it sounds very similar to the symptoms of endometriosis. Do you have pain or discomfort with intercourse, bowel movements, lower lumbar pain? Where is the cramping located. When the uterus sheds its lining during menstration a period occurs. With endometriosis the shedded lining never passes during menstration, instead it attaches itself to the endometrium and the pelvic walls, ovaries, bowel etc. Those areas are called adhesions and they bleed during menstration/ovulation. The pain is very similar to a period cramp and can occur before and after your period. The only way to diagnose endometriosis is by undergoing a diagnostic laparoscopy. Two tiny incisions are made in the abdomen. One above the pelvic bone and one in the naval. A small scope with a camera attached allows the physician to view the internal pelvic organs to look for adhesions. If adhesions are present then they can burn them out while doing the procedure. The medication that helps endometriosis is birth control which stops the period from occuring which in turn stops the adhesions from attaching and growing. Or a medication called Lupron. Which is a menopausal drug given by injection.

Anyways, this could be a possiblility read up on the disease. I am your age and was diagnosed a couple of years ago after the birth of my daughter.

Take Care,
Aries18

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

SolitaryBlaze HB User
Re: Consistent Menstrual Cramps

Thank you for your response. The only problems I have with bowels is chronic constipation. So I'm not sure what other type of discomfort there is, but I guess I'm used to discomfort and don't notice a difference there. I do have lumbar problems, but again that's not anything new to me. And there is no intercourse, so no discomfort there. So these symptoms are tough for me to peg as being connected to the more new symptoms of constant cramping. The cramping sensation is located in the lower belly/pelvic area. It feels exactly like menstrual cramps to me. That's the best way that I can describe it.

Is the procedure that you described that they use to diagnose this, a painful one? It sounds kind of invasive.

Closed Thread