It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

bon608 HB User
garlic and my 7 month yeast infec.

I posted a short while ago about my misery with a 7 month yeast infection. Every treatment I had tried including boric acid had failed. I was breaking out with a yeast infection during ovulation AND my period and was burning, and itching. My vulva was flame-red constantly. I had discharge of various degrees. The creams and diflucan would always dull the infection but it would always return. The doctors weren't much help and just handed me creams and pills by the handful. I had tried every home remedy of yogurt, tee tree, apple cider vinegar, salt, peroxide douching you name it. The only thing I kept reading about was garlic oil and garlic cloves. Ladies let me tell you (and I really hope i don't jinx myself) for the first time in 7 months I feel like I have my life back. I have been smearing garlic oil on my vulva (from garlic capsules) within an hour or so the burn and itch and died down. I also put the garlic clove in cheese cloth and inserted it in my vagina and slept with it in me over night for about 7 or 8 days. (garlic is a natural antifungal). By the third day, my vulva was no longer flame red and was back to a normal flesh color. My discharge is gone. Now I'm not 100 percent cured I just can't seem to kick a constant itch, but compared to how I was suffering last month I feel human again. I'm going to continue with the oil every night and the garlic in the cheesecloth and I"m keeping my fingers crossed that with continued use I might be able to conquer this. I'm not gonna kid anyone, you WILL STINK like garlic during the night. But a good shower in the morning prevented me from smelling at work. I just wanted to share this for anyone else who might be suffering like I was. I'm hoping this is almost over for me!! (There are some women who are sensitive to garlic oil, but it didn't bother me)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: garlic and my 7 month yeast infec.

7 months with a yeast infection? Are you kidding?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

alexis1234 HB User

Hey Bon,

Thanks for updating. Congrats for finding something that works!!! And thank for sharing.

I finished the extended terazol and it helped but didn't get rid of the yeast. I see my gyn shorlty.

Alexis

Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
(female)

misty073 HB User

Yes congrats for finding some relief and finding something that is working...I tried the garlic...but couldnt handle the taste in my mouth long enough to get relief (after the 2nd night I couldnt take it anymore)

and to writeleft...Seven months seems like a long time for a yeast infection but when yeast gets out of control in your body it can last even longer. I personally have been dealing with one now for 4 years and am finally finding some relief after seeing a naturalpath dr.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
(female)

bon608 HB User

Misty,
What has your naturopath suggested for you?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
(female)

misty073 HB User

My naturalpath has me on what is called a dysbiosis diet and GSE (grapefruit seed extract). I also have some homeopathic stuff I am supposed to be taking but I keep forgetting about it. I have had a lot of relief, infact the only time it seems to bother me is right before and during my period. The naturalpath said that is because the hormones affect the yeast. Si I will just keep doing what I am doing and hope that it goes completely away.

This is her recommendation:

1. Dysbiosis diet for 3 weeks
2. Unda #2, 34, 243. Take 5 drops of each separately three times per day away from meals (on waking, before bed and anytime in between). Hold the liquid under the tongue for a minute before swallowing.
3. Use a squirt bottle after bowel movement & urination (using 8-10 drops grapefruitseed extract in 250mL water) to rinse vaginal area.
4. Use a spray bottle (one you can purchase at a dollar store, the little ones 50mL) and spray vaginal area after each bowel movement and urination (using 5 drops of grapefruitseed extract).
5. Smoothies everyday made of fruits(60-70%) and vegetables(30-40%) with 2Tbsp. ground flaxseeds.
6. Grapefruitseed extract
- week 1: 3 drops per day in about 2-3 ounces of juice
- week 2: 3 drops 2x/day in about 2-3 ounces of juice
-week 3: 3 drops 3x/day in about 2-3 ounces of juice.

Closed Thread