It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

cheer205 HB User
vagina smell like fish

Why does my vagina smell like fush?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Re: vagina smell like fish

It sounds like you have an infection such as BV. See a Gyno for diagnosis and treatment before it gets worse. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree that is sounds like bacterial vaginosis. A fishy smell is not normal and can definitely be an infection. This will be easily treatable after you get the proper medication. If it isn't an infection, it may just be trapped sweat/body odor. Be sure to wear cotton underwear (at least MOST of the time), dont douche, and wash with a gentle soap in the shower (don't get any soap INSIDE though).

Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
(female)

BeenThere2009 HB User

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I HAVE BEEN THERE> There is nothing worse than being intimate with a partner and being self-conscious about your "Female department", UGH!

What it could be that you have is BV (Bacterial Vaginosis), 1 out of every 3 women experience this often and it comes back. This is due to the bacteria in your vagina not being balanced, not an STD. It causes a discharge that has a strong fishy/unpleasant odor especially after sex, and it can cause itching and redness. If you are a female, you know this sucks and can make your life a living hell.
I went to the doctor, got my "Flagyl" and anti-biotics and much to my surprise, the BV cleared up pretty quick...but do you know what came for a nice visit?? A YEAST INFECTION...outstanding! (Do not confuse BV with a yeast infection, they are different and yeast infection "Anti-fungal" will not work to cure this). After I got rid of the cool yeast infection from the anti-biotics...I got ANOTHER case of BV afterwards. I was irritated with going to the doctor and not interested in having another hand inside me, so I searched the internet for a cure.
I read all this nonsense about "Douche with summers Eve"....NOPE...does not work.... "Put a tampon with yogurt on it inside you" NOPE, made it worse and made the smell AWFUL....just a bunch of nonsense......I am not trying to make a flowery yogurt cup, I am trying to get rid of my BV and have my vagina on point lol!
SO, The one thing that actually worked was mixing a solution of half hydrogen Peroxide (I know I was scared...but seriously TRUST ME..you can get it at the store) and half water (warm) and put it in a clean (you can buy a normal douche at the store and wash it out) douche and shake very well. Rinse with this douche a couple times and try to hold the liquid inside of you for about 30 seconds to a min. Instantly you see BIG results. You can do this every three days for about 3 times total. Also, Take folic acid, 2 tablets daily from now on.

Also try eating yogurt for good bacteria....with your MOUTH not your vagina, contrary to popular belief =).
Good luck girl.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-19-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Peer support only / terminology / Do not give search instructions.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

NY_girl HB User

Get tested, it's abnormal! Good luck

Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #6
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User

I am going to second BeenThere2009's suggestion of hydrogen peroxide & water douche. I suffered for many years with seemingly incurable bv. Just recently I began to get the tell tell signs of an infection. I DID not want to take flagyl as it is a terrible med. & the infection ALWAYS came back within a month or so.

I did an internet search about for natural cures...came across the peroxide/water solution. You know what IT WORKED!!!! I used it daily for 3 days...no more infection!!!

If you know for a fact it is bv you are experiencing...don't waste your time or money on MD's and antibiotics that ultimately don't work anyway. Also read the sticky at the top of the women's health board. It deals specifically with one woman's experience with this nasty bacteria.

good luck to you.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:48 AM   #7
(female)

ooozy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela5271 View Post
I am going to second BeenThere2009's suggestion of hydrogen peroxide & water douche. I suffered for many years with seemingly incurable bv. Just recently I began to get the tell tell signs of an infection. I DID not want to take flagyl as it is a terrible med. & the infection ALWAYS came back within a month or so.

I did an internet search about for natural cures...came across the peroxide/water solution. You know what IT WORKED!!!! I used it daily for 3 days...no more infection!!!

If you know for a fact it is bv you are experiencing...don't waste your time or money on MD's and antibiotics that ultimately don't work anyway. Also read the sticky at the top of the women's health board. It deals specifically with one woman's experience with this nasty bacteria.

good luck to you.
hey whats wrong with flagl? just wondering

Old 02-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
(female)

ooozy HB User

i find this answer reallllly really useful^^ if flagl doesn't work for me on the long run ill try the hydrogen peroxide! thank u so much

Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #9
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User

OOOZY...for me flagyl causes nasty side effects...severe headache, upset stomach, diarrhea, terrible metallic taste, and dreaded yeast infection. I for one will NEVER take flagyl again, knowing the peroxide/water mixture works...no side effects...and the infection was GONE in 3 days (with some symptom relief after the first use).

Good luck!!

Last edited by angela5271; 02-26-2009 at 04:55 AM.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
(female)

ooozy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela5271 View Post
OOOZY...for me flagyl causes nasty side effects...severe headache, upset stomach, diarrhea, terrible metallic taste, and dreaded yeast infection. I for one will NEVER take flagyl again, knowing the peroxide/water mixture works...no side effects...and the infection was GONE in 3 days (with some symptom relief after the first use).

Good luck!!
aww..ive used flagl for a weak now :*( and i thought it was the cure..because the first day that i used it....the smell was gone! and its been gone ever since, before that it would come and go in 2 days..or less....so i really really thought flagyl was the perfect answer and i came on here again to see if people still need help and i wanted to suggest them to use flagyl lol..but im glad i read ur post...now i gotta think twice about this med. kinda worried about the yeast now..so im gonna stop..and see how it goes and if it comes back ill use the peroxide...illl update later...thank you angela!<3

Closed Thread