It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
(female)

drkeydgrl HB User
Exclamation Two weeks late, but not pregnant????

I had my last period 42 days ago, that means I am exactly two weeks late (according to the 28 day cycle schedule). Actually to be honest I had 1 day of spotting (usually a very heavy person) and nothing since.

It was very possible I could be pregnant, because my boyfriend and I did have unprotected sex more than once during this time and though he did not *** in me, I know better than to think I'm safe.... so I bought an Early Response 2 pack box last night approximately 8:30pm (Feb 12th). I took on of the tests right away, peeing into a shot glass and dipping the stick as directed... Negative... I decided to be safe I should take the other one first thing in the morning, holding it as directed in mid stream, (1100 am Feb 13th). First pee of the day and still neg..

What is going on with my period. I am not over weight and certainly not underweight. I know stress could be a factor but, I've been under a lot more pressure and never been so late, at least I've never been as concerned. In fact, as far as stress goes, considering what there is to be stressed about, economically speaking, I'm in an ideal position to get through the recession... soooooo what is happening with me?????

Here are some facts to consider:
-terminated 1 pregnancy at 16years old (1999)
-Not on Birth Control... Only time only was age 16 to 19 on depo.... (now 26yrs)
-Never had an accurate schedule. I used to skip months all the time from my first period at thirteen to my early 20's(I am 26 now), with exception of the 2.5 years on depo when I didn't have one at all...... but since I've been about 24 my cycle has been about every 30-35 days on the average.
-At risk of your scrutiny, my BF and I have been relying on "pulling out" for the past 5.5 years with success..... I thought it caught up with us but both tests were very NEG.....

Here is my menstrual calendar:
January 3rd 2009, started first period of the year (heavy as usual)
February 4th 2009, spotting, not enough to wear any feminine product, which has never been an option for me before..

Please, I want your advice and thoughts. I know that the only real answer is to call a OBGYN, but I cant get in for a few days and need something to chew on until then...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
(female)

Karen128 HB User
Re: Two weeks late, but not pregnant????

I think most likely you're reverting to your occasional skipped periods when you were younger. Hormones are always changing and maybe you had a good stretch where things are consistent, and now for unknown reasons they just aren't right now.

But, you could be pregnant and just not have enough hormone yet for the test. The spotting could be implantation bleeding.

There's a small chance you could have had a chemical pregnancy, where you had enough hormone to stop your period, but then it didn't happen. If that was the case your full period should be coming any day now or a blood test might reveal something.

Since there wasn't much sperm that could have made it to fertilize the egg, I would probably bet on the first scenario.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
(female)

drkeydgrl HB User
Re: Two weeks late, but not pregnant????

Thanks Karen for the insight, this makes sense. Hopefully I will start soon, or I will go in and see the GYN later this week.

Closed Thread