It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

coco446 HB User
Breast pain & armpit pain & dense breast tissue

For the past couple of months I have had pain on the upper side of my left breast up near my armpit. Sometimes the pain is in my armpit as well. I had my armpit checked by my gen. prac & gyn and both said no lumps in armpit. Gyn sain I had dense breast tissue on right breast which I am having a mommo. tomorrow to check that further. Right nipple is very painful & sensitive as well.
Today my left side was aching again and after I has pressed on it a few times it became much worse.
The left side is definitely swollen.
Of course after searching the net I am concerned of breast cancer. Even though pain is rarely a symptom I can't help but worry and think the worst.
Does anyone experience this type of breat/armpit pain & tenderness? It seems some days are betyter than others. Today...not a good day
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.....

The Following User Says Thank You to coco446 For This Useful Post:
djc4294 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User
Re: Breast pain & armpit pain & dense breast tissue

I totally have a very similar thing . . . but unfortunately I don't know what is either!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
(female)

chris603 HB User
Re: Breast pain & armpit pain & dense breast tissue

I have the exact same thing going on lumps with pain in my right breast and now its moving into the armpit as well as causing numbing and dull heavy aching down my right arm I have had a needle biopsy and ultrasounds as well as a MRI with contrast the only answer they keep giving me is dense breast tissue. The pain has gotten to the point its effecting my life cause Im so frustrated. Ive gone to 3 dr's and they havent done anything they dont want to treat the pain with pain medication cause I havent met a dr yet that will prescribe pain meds for treatment but yet they have no plan for treatment for this. So I guess we just suffer in pain. Im sorry that I dont have any answers for you. But your not alone I have been going through this for over a year now. I have read that dense breast tissue can lead to more aggressive breast cancers my mother has been diagnossed with breast cancer so I guess in my case its just sit in pain till it becomes breast cancer then they will treat it? I dont know. sorry...

Closed Thread