It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
(female)

Delahai08 HB User
Unusual and Severe Menstural Period

I seriously hope someone out there can relate to what I have been going through, because i seriously need some answers..

I started my period on 3/2, it was 4 days early but nothing out of the ordinary. it should have been over on 3/7 because my periods are usually only 5 days.

4 days into it i experienced extremely severe cramps and my flow was a lot heavier than normal. I ended up vomiting twice and i saw a little bit of blood in it. i'm no stranger to severe periods because i experience cramps, vomiting, and even passing out every once in a while, but usually its only bad the first 2 days then smooth sailing after that.

the day after my severe cramps, i made an emergency visit to my doctor. he was already prescribing me 800mg motrin for the pain but it wasn't enough. he prescribed me birth control pills which i started taking sunday 3/8 which ended up being my 6th day on my period

on monday, 3/9 i went the the ER because the pain was so bad. they ran tests on me and preformed a pelvic exam. all of my results came back negative and normal. i hadn't had a miscarriage or any STI's they simply concluded that it was just a "Bad Period" and that it was my body.

i have basically been cramping and feeling nauseous for the past 5 days. this is the 10th day of my cycle. something is definitely wrong with me but neither my doctor or the doctors in the ER can find any causes...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User
Re: Unusual and Severe Menstural Period

You could be suffering from Menorrhagia. I had this condition combined with severe stage IV endometriosis. My periods were very heavy with extreme cramping.

Going to the ER is a waste of time. Most of the time, they will do a pelvic exam, tell you that they will call you if the cultures are positive and talk to you about pelvic inflammitory disease. Ugh. What a waste of money to go to them. I once got so angry at them that I threw everything in the floor and walked out. At that point, my iron count was low from bleeding and I was cramping and fainting.

I have ended up having a total hysterectomy because of my issues with endometriosis and menorrhagia.

My suggestion to you would be to find a good Dr. that can either do the lap procedure or recommend some type of diagnostic testing/treatment for your issues.

Hope you feel better!

Closed Thread