It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

Gone_Crazy HB User
Unhappy Lump that has appeared suddenly overnight in my "pubic area"

I have this lump that is about the size of a peppermint or grape and it's on my right side right beside my vagina and my right leg. It's like where the skin kind of folds down there, but it's not on my actual vagina, it's just beside it. I stood up and felt something painful and thought I'd take a look and completely freaked out when I saw this lump/growth looking thing! It most definitly was NOT there yesterday, but it's really freaking me out. It's kind of painful, but not extremely painful. It doesn't look like anything infected on the outside, it's just this lump like under my skin. Sometimes I shave down there, mostly when I go to the beach and such, but I haven't in MONTHS so I know that it's not from that. What could this be? It's like it came out of NO where? Like, literally it was there last night, and a few hours after I woke up today I noticed it. I'm at my family's house for spring break and am flying home tomorrow, so I don't know if I should try and get it checked out here at an urgent care place or if I shouldl just wait a few days to see if it goes away. I'm very worried, and since I'm only 20 years old I have obviously not experienced many things in life and have no idea what this could be. If anyone could help me then please respond! I don't know if it's something I should seriously worry about right now! Please help! Thanks!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
(female)

Gone_Crazy HB User
Re: Lump that has appeared suddenly overnight in my "pubic area"

Its grown a little bit, mostly upwards, so now it's less round and more elongated. But the upper part is like just inflammation and swollen, it's not really tender. It's hurting more now. My mom said it might be a bartholin gland cyst, but I was looking at some pictures and I'm not sure exactly if that's wha tit is. It's on the OUTSIDE of my vagina, like outside of the flap that kind of covers it and hangs there. Some of the pictures showed swollen-ness in the inside, but this is on the outside. I'm really afraid that it's an infected abscess (bartholin gland cyst gone wrong) and I'll have to have surgery or get it drained and a cathater put in. This website I saw said that the cysts don't usually hurt, and if they do they it's infected. Has anyone had this problem? Or experienced this issue? Please help. I'm about to go "home" to where I live becuase I've been in my "other home" over spring break and I really need to get it cleared up before classes start on monday. Is there anything I can do? I took advill, put some antibiotic ointment cream on it, and soaked it in a warm bath for a while. Any other advice? I'm just slightly freaking out. Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

Have you gone to a Dr. /gyn regarding it?

It could be a cyst but it could also be a boil (infected hair follicle). Get it checked asap and dealt with, not only is it causing you physical discomfort, worrying about it isn't helping you much either!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
(female)

Gone_Crazy HB User

I haven't been to the doctor or gyno yet. My mom said that she gets the Bartholin Cysts every once in a while and when she went to the doctor they say if it doesn't go away in like 2-4 days then you might want to go to the doctor especially if they keep getting bigger and more painful.

I soaked in warm water a couple of times yesterday and today, and last night put a wet warm rag over it and some antibiotic ointment (otc), and today it seems smaller but I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not. I think it is smaller. And it doesn't hurt as bad and where it does hurt a little (only if you push on it) is in this concentrated "ball" thing towards the bottom. I think maybe my "area" is swollen or inflamed because of that. It does look less noticable than yesterday I think. And I can actually walk without feeling like it's going to rupture.

I don't think it's an infected hair follicle because it's not red or ***** looking! It's really wierd. It's like, underneath my skin or something and it's this ball feeling thing, which might be that Batholin gland that the internet was talking about. I'm really not sure what it is. But if it's getting better on it's own then I will be super happy.

If I have any more symptoms or if it worsens I'll probably post on here.

Closed Thread