It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

L0veYourLife HB User
Unhappy A question about period and mucus like stuff..

I'm 17, very sexually active, and i've been on BC for almost a year now. I've only had two partners, one i'm with now. A few months into BC (i take pills) i started getting brown discharge with no odor..i looked it up and saw it could be old blood...no problem. But it started lasting a week before my period and became to me a problem. Sometimes i also spot bled but i figured it was from too rough of sex. The brown would also be almost black sometimes, which some sites also said could be normal, but i really dont like it. :[

I got switched to a higher dose of BC three months ago, the first two months were fine, even though i still got a little brown discharge. At the end of the third month, i got the brown w/ no odor for about 3 days before my period, which im on now. Tonight i wiped and there was blood and what looked like a white-ish mucus, and theres not a bad odor, it just smells kinda like sex, which i usually get on my period (even before BC) just means i need a shower. I looked up the mucus and saw it could be normal, but it just seems every month something gets worse! I just want to have a normal period again, no blood and definitly no mucus. Do you think it could be an infection, or is it normal? Will it go away? I was thinking of going to shots instead of pills but i cant do it till im 18. Please help. =[ Im afraid of what my boyfriend will think, even though im sure he'll understand, it's just gross though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Re: A question about period and mucus like stuff..

You may want to ask your ob/gyn about changing to another pill if it continues. Should stop the spotting. Sometimes it takes a while to find which pill works best for you.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

L0veYourLife HB User

I dont know who my ob/gyn is, and i couldnt go alone b/c im 17. My mom doesn't know im on the pill cuz I get it from the Health Department. I dont want to tell her b/c i think she'll make me stop seeing him. I think she knows im on the pill though, but im just scared to see what she will say when i actually tell her. XD I know thats not good, but i believe i'm at a point in life where i can make decisions like that on my own.

But i'll go as soon as i turn 18, which is only about 4 months away. Either that or i'll just ask my mom to take me, which is gonna take all the bravery in me haha. Thank you for the feedback though!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Well, talk to who ever it is that prescribes them for you.

Closed Thread