It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

bwood78 HB User
Laparoscopy Success Stories? Need Reassurance :)

Hi... I haven't really posted much on this board, but I've been reading posts on here for years. I am scheduled for my surgery at the end of this month, for what my doctor believes to be a significant case of endometriosis, which obviously he can't diagnose officially until the surgery is done...

I have been miserable for years... it gets worse every month... I started on Yaz last year in September for horrible PMDD, EXTREMELY heavy periods, debilitating cramps, terrible mood swings, and any other horrible symptom you can think of... I was bleeding during ovulation each month with cramps, any time I exercise or have sex, I bleed, and even on the pill, I still spot for a week in the middle of the month when I would have normally been ovulating.

The Yaz has REALLY helped me with the PMDD... My cramps aren't nearly AS bad, but I'm at my wit's end! I feel horrible all of the time, there's always something wrong with me that relates to this, so I'm finally taking the plunge and doing the Laparoscopy. My doctor says the chance of me having severe endo is highly likely, and he also felt hardening of my uterus, and wants to rule out cysts that he wasn't able to see during an ultrasound.

I am only 30 years old, and my husband and I haven't ruled out having kids, we're definitely not ready for them at this point, but I don't want to have the option completely taken away from me. I guess at this point, I would like to hear from people who have had severe symptoms like me, and were then able to have kids and lead a somewhat normal life. (If you can't tell, I'm a little nervous about what they might find during my surgery and how severe it's going to be)

Any support would be much appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
(male)

agray100 HB User
Re: Laparoscopy Success Stories? Need Reassurance :)

Go for it. My wife had the same problem. She had the surgery and three months later became pregnant. We now have two kids. Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
(female)

bwood78 HB User
Re: Laparoscopy Success Stories? Need Reassurance :)

Thanks for your response? Anyone else have anything? My surgery is on Wednesday, and I'm kind of freaking out!

Closed Thread