It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

needlovin HB User
Unhappy both a rectocele and cystocele

Hello, All, I have both a rectocele and cystocele. I discovered both about two years ago. I had no symptoms at that time except bulging out of my vagina. I'm now experiencing discomfort almost constantly - definitely not pain - but discomfort. I always feel as though I have to urinate and often feel like I need to have a bowel movement. I have no incontinence. I've seen two gynecologists. One would make an incision between the anus and the vagina and operate from that point using surgical mesh for the repair - the other would operate through the vagina and not use surgical mesh. The first surgery sounds absorlutely barbaric to me but I'm hesitant to not use the mesh to reinfore the surgery as I am a chronic cougher due to COPD.
I am concerned about after effects of the surgery. From what I've read in this forum intercourse may or may not be in my future after surgery. Noone has mentioned the ability to have sexual climax. I can see that the mesh might interfere. Does it? Also, one of the gynecologists mentioned minor incontinence after surgery. Has anyone had that experience? I have none now. And last but certainly not least, should the surgeon be a gynecologist, urologist, urogynecologist or colorectal surgeion? What a great forum. Where else could you ask such intimate questions from others with the same problem. Thanks to you all.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
(female)

joniterrh HB User
Re: Rectocele and Cystocele post op questions, no one to talk to.

Ask around for the best Dr in your area or out of your area.Im sure all of your issues can be repaired and your sex life will be fine with a good surgeon. But the right Dr is vital! I just had cystocele repair and hyst. Sex is fine,orgasm is also fine! As with anything ask around a lot before selecting a Dr. word of mouth is your best reference.As for what kind of Dr A OBGYN or Colorectal Surgeon and Urologist team will be fine.Make sure you get many opinions from women who have gone to them.Your best reference will come from medical staff who work in your area if you know any nurses or OR staff will give you a great in site as which Dr to chose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

needlovin HB User
Re: Rectocele and Cystocele post op questions, no one to talk to.

Thank you so much. Good advice.

Closed Thread