It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

wrain HB User
Varicose vein on perineum

Hello. I have posted on here before about having perineum pain. I recently went to two doctors and they have told me that I have a perineum varicose vein. They acted like this was very rare, and I've only heard of it in pregnant women...but I'm not pregnant. I was told that there is really nothing they can do about it, but the pain is always there, and I feel it is hindering a lot of things for me. Has anyone heard of this in women who were not pregnant? I know in pregnancies it usually goes away after giving birth...and I thought maybe after some time...mine would go away also, but it hasn't and there hasn't been any improvement. Do you know of any creams or anything that would help relieve some of the pain? This is just really odd to me that nothing can be done...Thanks for your help.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Varicose vein on perineum

Where the two doctors you went to obgyns? If so, than I think the next best step would be a vascular surgeon. I know that vascular surgeons are able to treat varicose veins in your legs and this particular vein is a varicose vein, only it is not in the leg. Just a suggestion. Maybe you will find a vascular surgeon who is either familiar with the condition or knows someone who is and can treat such a condition. The other suggestion would be to research the condition online, maybe you will hit upon other patient who suffer the same condition and what stratagies they use to control it. They may also be able to recommend some doctors.

I wish I could help you with some better information, however, I really do not know much about the condition. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread