It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Ovarian cyst pain?

Hi all x just want to know if anyone else is going through this at the moment or can offer me some advice please. New to the world of ovarian cysts, mine was discovered late march when l was rushed into hospital with horrendous pain. It is 3 inches long at the last scan and oval shaped. I dont see a gyny until July . Ive had symptoms of water infection for over a week went to docs the urine test showed something there was giving antibiotics. The urine was sent to lab and came back clear. Today l woke up and my stomach was bursting aching wanting a wee. It has felt sore and swollen all day and l had pain in my lower right stomach earlier. Now l have aches above my right pelvis and When does this become a case for going back to the hospital? The pain/ or doscomfort is bearable at moment but if it intensifies l will go to hospital. I feel so bloated but tummy is still soft. Thanks all xx ps l feel very crampy last period was 15th May.

Last edited by niecsey; 06-07-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: Ovarian cyst pain?

Hi,

See if the pain subsides and if not, make an appointment with your doctor. The cyst may be leaking fluid into your abdomen and this would cause the pain (the fluid irritates the lining of your abdomen). Ovulation would also cause some pain but this does not coincide with your cycle (you should be ovulating about two weeks after the start of your period). Another explanation is that the cyst might have grown a little bit although you will not be able to tell for sure without another ultrasound.

When I had my 9 cm cyst, I remember episodes of this nature and I was unable to explain them. I did have terrible pain with ovulation but my cyst was removed over a month ago and I still have pain with ovulation so this is just the way I am I suppose. I think that when my cyst grew (it grew very slowly) it caused some of the pain as the ovarian tissue is stretched and this would definitely hurt.

If your pain does not go away, go and see someone ... otherwise, you can always wait until July at your next ultrasound to see what is going on. In general, persistent pain means a visit to the doctor's office.

Take care and all the best.

Estria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Estria x can l ask you if you got discomfort all over your abdomen? The reason l ask is l have other stuff going on and lve just started seeing a rheumy for fibro like illness.... the discomfort is going up as far as my sternum. The lower stomach ache is not as bad this morning but its still there. I feel really fluy too . Did you also get breast discomfort whilst you had your cyst? Sorry for all the ? but thank you for your reply

Old 06-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hi Niecsey,

The only pain I used to get was around the bellybutton area and underneath, around the bladder. I also occasionally got what I can only describe as bladder spasms but am not sure if this is what it was or if it had something to do with the cyst. The ovulation pains that I get are like really bad cramps, the bellybutton pain plus a tailbone pain. When this occurs, i feel like I want to loosen all of my muscles down there and let my pelvic organs fall out (!). I think this is what happens when the abdomen gets irritated from any slight bit of blood or epithelial fluid that may leak out of the follicle when it burst open to release its egg. After my surgery to remove my left ovary and fallopian tube, I ovulated and had very intense pain which subsided after about 15 minutes but lasted in a dull form for about a week. My surgeon said that my abdomen was already inflamed due to the surgery and the fluid that is released during ovulation made it worst. When I urinated, the pain got worse as I emptied my bladder.

I have to say though that most of this pain was very controllable with ibuprofen (Advil) and everytime I took Advil for the pain, it went away for the most part.

Your other pain may be unrelated to the cyst, indeed, you may discover that most of your pain may be related to your fibro if you have been diagnosed with this as well. I blamed a lot of my problems on my large cyst but in the end, the ovulation pains continued even after my surgery and my irregular bleeding was due to something else which was solved while the cyst still remained. I think that my cyst was actually quite asymptomatic except for those bladder type spasms (which I suspect was the cyst growing and stretching the ovary causing pain).

We are all different, depending upon where the cyst is located and if it touching anything down there, you will have some or a lot of pain or no pain at all. Best thing to do is to keep an eye on things and if you see that any pain does not subside or keeps getting worse, then go and get some professional help.

I hope this helps you a bit.

All the best.

Estria

Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for ALL THE DETAIL IN YOUR POST!!! Really helpful l wonder if mine leaks too? It feels ok today thankfully. Ont thing l have noticed but dont know if its connected is for a good while now l wee alot! and sometimes l feel like my wee isnt coming out as fast as l would like it too if you know what l mean anyway will bring this all up with gyny Must go lm really aching today think its costo have a good day and thanks again

Closed Thread