I don't have insurance, but even when I did I could never get my doctors to even listen about my menstrual pains, which are getting progressively worse. I was wondering if anyone has had these symptoms and what it was:
I'm 33, overweight, smoker until three months ago, not sexually active since 2003, had an ovarian cyst at 14 and had my right ovary removed
Symptoms Before period
- General abdominal discomfort for about a week before
- Depression, anxiety, confusion
- I'm in school right now and if I have a test during the week before my period I always do much worse than I do normally. As in, I normally get high As in most of my classes but during this time I can barely pull out a low B.
- Sharp twisting pains in my left side (flank pain).
- Extremely heavy bleeding the first day and night (an "ultra" tampon every hour)
- Severe general abdominal pain
- Around day 4 very severe localized pain on the right side associated with very fast flowing bleeding that is thin, watery and bright orange
- Every once in a while vomiting and I've passed out a couple of times.
- About a week after my period I have vaginal pain that starts out like pinching and then feels kind of crampy, the pain sometimes shoots down the inside of my thigh and feels like I have something hot being pushed into my lower inside of my thigh. This lasts for 4 - 5 days.
- Ribbons of fresh blood in cervical mucous during the same time.
My last pap was in 2002.
I hope to have insurance when I transfer to university at the beginning of next year. I'm afraid to go to see a doctor now because if I am diagnosed with something it won't be covered when I do get insurance.