It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question tired & no energy all the time

hey there,
i dont even know where to begin, so i guess ill start here...
i stay so tired and no energy or metobism at all... i have felt like this for a long time... the drs. keep doing complete blood work and everything comes back normal.. i do have low thyroid, but it comes back fine, with the med. im on... im so tired of feeling tired... i have to drag myself out of bed to get dressed & go to work or do anything... i just want to sleep & sleep... usually when i get home from work, i usually go to sleep or lay around... i have no energy so i dont want to do anything, clean house, etc.... i alwaz have to push myself or i dont get anything done, which i usually dont get anything done & just go take a nap of course.. my dr. is sending me to a endocrinologist, hopefully he will help....
anyone been to c one and what all do they do?
does anyone else feel this way or have this problem & what are u doing for this ??? any advise... please help.....

Last edited by julie39180; 07-01-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: tired & no energy all the time

Julie, there are allot of auto immune diseases which can cause severe fatigue. I have Multiple Sclerosis and deal with it every day- you kind of learn to deal with it,;however Lymes Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, even Mono, can all present the way you are describing.
An Endocrinologist is going to test further for blood work then a regular doctor will, he will also do a complete history and physical; a spinal tap is possilbe, which will rule out certain things....
Its going to be a long road for you if your blood work keeps coming back okay- meanwhile, have you tried adding some basic exercise to your day? I know, youre too exhauseted to clean, and have no energy for exercise...but I started a very light program of 15 minutes a day of walking, and am now working out with weights and machines 1 hour a day- 5 days a week! It can be done...it actually helped me to have more energy, once I got past the first week or two!
I hope you feel better soon.
N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: tired & no energy all the time

I posted a similar post a below with no response, but I deal with similar issues too! It's very difficult. My main concern is how groggy I am in the morning. I don't have a lot of balance and sometimes I wonder if I should be driving when I feel that way. I feel like I'm drunk and stumble around quite often.

I also have had regular blood tests and no health issues. I am a very healthy person. Some of the other common things to look at are you eating habits and activity level. A person who does not eat well balanced meals or eats a lot of processed foods can feel tired all the time. I used to eat foods like lean cuisines every day and felt sluggish all the time. I cut out a lot of those processed foods and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and more protein and it helped at the time. Now it's a bit of a different tired feeling though. Also, a person who is sedentary will likely be tired more often.

I agree that exercise does help. The tough part is getting the energy to go exercise! I usually have some coffee later on in the day (I still sleep well) to give me a little bit of extra energy and go to the gym. After my workout, I feel so much better. I also get tired from anxiety/depression, so working out improves my mood and motivation to stay healthy. I often do drink sugar-free energy drinks or coffee. I hate to rely on these, but I need energy somehow! They don't make me really energized or anything, but simply wake me up a bit. I just limit how much I have.

I am thinking my tiredness/dizziness/grogginess has to do with chronic allergies and sinus problems. I've heard that sometimes you aren't sneezing or feeling other allergy symptoms and just feel run down. Do you think that might be a possibility for you too? I have a lot of pressure, but not pain, on my face in the sinus area. It's like this all the time. The allergens are NOT high where I live, but I think there must be something out there bothering me. Could be just dust because my mattress is older. I am getting a new one delivered on August 1st, so I am hoping it helps.

Closed Thread