It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
(female)

nickkinix HB User
cystocele too!!!

Hi all, just a quick update - I have been back to the docs and she has now diagnosed me with a cystocele too.
I was also trying to ask her about the trouble Im having with the rectocele and how I 'cant go'! she told me "well, its only a small one"!!!! I dont care that its 'only a small one', the problems that go along with it arent small in proportion!!!!
So she refused to give me anything to help with the bowel movements but is referring me to physio, so hopefully I can make a start to feeling more normal again - if there is such a thing?!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
(female)

helenm55 HB User
Re: cystocele too!!!

Hi,
I too had trouble going to the loo and my surgen told me to start taking Lepicol from the health food store, it worked for me I take it twice a day and it made it so easy to go, I saw a physio as well she gave me a really good examination and told me my pelvic floor muscles where pretty good my problems where nothing to do with a weak pelvic floor, however keeping your pelvic floor muscles strong is important because any repair work has to be attatched to other things in the pelvic region and the stronger the muscles the better to support them. So you need to do lots of pelvic floor exercises both before and after.
Good luck to you
Love helen
x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: cystocele too!!!

Hi -- I was diagnosed with a large rectocele which was repaired 3 weeks ago, and a small cystocele. The doctor was planning to look at it better during the operation and repair that too, if she felt it was needed.

Just before surgery I spoke to her and said if it is really small, don't do anything about it; I feel one repair at a time is enough. But of course if it is bigger than you first thought, then fix it. After surgery she told me it was small enough not to bother with, so I only had rectocele repair.

During the 3 months from diagnosis to operation I was told to take a medication called ''stool softener'' it is chemically ''Docusate Sodium" and comes in strengths from 50 mg to 250 mg. I used a 100 mg tablet twice a day and thus was able to keep my BMs thin enough to pass in spite of the rectocele being in the way.

However, I did not want to take this drug forever, which was partly my reasoning for agreeing to the operation.

Now the rectocele is gone but I still have to keep stools soft because constipation could easlily rip open the stitches inside my vagina. I am in the process of switching from chemical softeners to eating more and more fiber in my diet. It is a hard transition because I sometimes take too much fiber with the result of diarrhea.

Good luck to you. If your rectocele does not become larger, you can probably learn to live with it and spare yourself an operation.

Love,

Martha

Closed Thread