It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

bestauntie HB User
Lightbulb Looking for advice..ovary-hematuria probs?

In previous months I have made posts in the kidney section. I had been told that I had kidney stones, they probably passed, etc... I still do not know what is going on and am just looking for some advice or input. Here is my situation.

FOr months now I have been sufferring with pain on the left side. Flank pain and pain in that entire area. If you put your entire hand on the top of your hip, that entire area has been hurting. It's not a stabbing unreal pain but an extremely uncomfortable ache. It's not all day but everyday. This has been going on for gosh, at least the last 6 plus month. In addition to that I have had unexplained hematuria. All along I have not been all that concerned with the hematuria. It was basically found on an accident.

I have been for a CAT scan and IVP. They both basically said I had a small stone and the next test indicated that it had possibly passed.

I started with a new Doctor who has given me referrals for obgyn, urology, and a gastro. Doctor. So far all I have done is gone for the vaginal ultrasound. I was completely against it but the strangest thing happended...When she pushed on something on the left side it immediately triggerred the pain in my flank, and that whole area I described above. I asked her what that was she was pushing on and she said it was my left ovary. Can an ovary cause pain in the flank, lower back and wrap around to the front just above the hip bone?

When I asked her about it she just said the usual "I'm not allowed to say a thing, your Doctor will have the results in three to four days."

Does anyone have any ideas? If it were ovary problems wouldnt it have shown up on the CAT scan? I'm not looking for a diagnosis from any of you. Just some input. This is driving me crazy. Also, I hope to have the results back and hope to know finally what is wrong. I'm scheduled for a sigamoid scope in two weeks and I do not want to go. Yuck...I had to force myself to go in today for the sonagram.

Hope to hear replies. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Looking for advice..ovary-hematuria probs?

If you are going to take the trouble to prep for the sigmoidoscopy, than go for the whole ballgame and get the colonoscopy. You might as well have the whole colon check and not just a section. (better drugs with the colonoscopy). Sigmoidoscopies are really a waste of time and money. They also really miss alot of pathology. CT scans are good for somethings, however, when it comes to the colon the best test is a colonoscopy. I also have started obtaining all of my reports (lab reports, radiology reports, pathology and OR reports.) This enables you to actually read what the reporter writes and what they recommend. This will allow you to have a very candid conversation with your doctor when the doctor chooses not to follow through with a recommendation.
Let us know what your u/s report said.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
(female)

bestauntie HB User
Re: Looking for advice..ovary-hematuria probs?

I will. Thanks for the reply. Also, I will take your advice and request the other test instead of just the sigamoid thing. If I have to go through the humilation I'd much rather be sleeping. To my understanding, with the sigamoid thing I'd be wide awake. ewe... Knock me out and I don't care what they do. I'm a really quiet, shy person.
Do overy problems cause flank pain and or hematuria? Thanks

Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
(female)

sheila111364 HB User
Re: Loo Theking for advice..ovary-hematuria probs?

Hi there. I have been experiencing the same exact thing. A few weeks ago I started with frequent urination. Literally going to the bathroom every 15 to 20 minutes. I didn't think anything of it until I started having some back pain. I called the doctor and told them I thought I had a UTI. Sure enough they said I did and put me on Cipro for 3 days. After the 3 days, I was not any better, but now I was showing blood when I urinated. They put me on another round of the Cipro and still nothing. During all this time, each day the pain has gotten worse and the symptoms more painful. I saw the doctor again who took another urine sample and told me I had no infection, but I did have hematuria. She sent me for a renal ultrasound to check my kidneys and bladder. The ultrasound came back normal. I saw the urologist yesterday who, after examining me was sure I was suffering from kidney stones. I went for the stone study today and to my surprise, NO kidney stones. I am so frustrated and now scared. I don't know what could be wrong with me. I have the same kind of pain my flank, and hip area. I do know in the past I had some cysts on my ovaries, I have no idea if it has to do with anything. I made an appt with the gyn, but have to wait another week. The pain is excruiatingly uncomfortable and the hematuria bothers me. Did you ever get an answer to what was going on with you? Please Help!
Sheila
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestauntie View Post
In previous months I have made posts in the kidney section. I had been told that I had kidney stones, they probably passed, etc... I still do not know what is going on and am just looking for some advice or input. Here is my situation.

FOr months now I have been sufferring with pain on the left side. Flank pain and pain in that entire area. If you put your entire hand on the top of your hip, that entire area has been hurting. It's not a stabbing unreal pain but an extremely uncomfortable ache. It's not all day but everyday. This has been going on for gosh, at least the last 6 plus month. In addition to that I have had unexplained hematuria. All along I have not been all that concerned with the hematuria. It was basically found on an accident.

I have been for a CAT scan and IVP. They both basically said I had a small stone and the next test indicated that it had possibly passed.

I started with a new Doctor who has given me referrals for obgyn, urology, and a gastro. Doctor. So far all I have done is gone for the vaginal ultrasound. I was completely against it but the strangest thing happended...When she pushed on something on the left side it immediately triggerred the pain in my flank, and that whole area I described above. I asked her what that was she was pushing on and she said it was my left ovary. Can an ovary cause pain in the flank, lower back and wrap around to the front just above the hip bone?

When I asked her about it she just said the usual "I'm not allowed to say a thing, your Doctor will have the results in three to four days."

Does anyone have any ideas? If it were ovary problems wouldnt it have shown up on the CAT scan? I'm not looking for a diagnosis from any of you. Just some input. This is driving me crazy. Also, I hope to have the results back and hope to know finally what is wrong. I'm scheduled for a sigamoid scope in two weeks and I do not want to go. Yuck...I had to force myself to go in today for the sonagram.

Hope to hear replies. Thanks.

Closed Thread