It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

co64 HB User
Advice appreciated regarding if this is a successful pregnancy

I have a question and was wondering if anyone out there could give me some advice. My husband and I have been TTC, since May. In June, approximately 5 weeks after my last period, (June 19) I got some brown spotting that lasted about 36 hours or so. This was not accompanied with any cramping or bleeding. I felt that it was probably late for it to be considered implantation bleeding, and all pregnancy tests that I did the end of June (3 of them) showed negative. My husband and I continued to try during the month of July.

The end of July, we got the BFP! (Approximately 5 weeks and 4 days after the brown discharge in June) We were so excited! We immediately set an appointment to go see the doctor for 2 days later. I told him the situation about my recent cycles, and he anticipated that I should be about 11 weeks pregnant. We did an ultrasound, and nothing was there. We then did the vaginal ultrasound, and he determined I was about 5 weeks pregnant. He seemed a little hesitant about his reaction, but seemed to try to stay positive by saying that it looks exactly what it should for being about 5 weeks along. But somehow I feel like there may be something wrong that he is waiting for next exam to determine.

Is it possible that the brown discharge I had in June could be considered a period and then I ovulated at some point in July making it be about 5 weeks pregnant or is it not growing anymore as I should be further along (11 weeks) This is probably such an odd scenario, but I don't know if I should expect this pregnancy to not work out or if I should be excited. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I don't know what to think right now. I go into the doctor again in about 2 weeks, but thought some opinions might prepare me as possibly others may have experienced something like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread