It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
(female)

user2009 HB User
Uneven Breasts

I am so sick of hearing people say "oh its normal to have uneven breasts don't worry". I think this is completely NOT TRUE!

Tell me why is it so normal when you go to a friends house and both freinds show you their breasts (which are both the same size) then you show yours and they look at you like your a circus freak and laugh.

Also going out to the swimming pool. Or wearing tight shirts you can't help but notice that you feel completely disgusted with yourself everytime you look at them. Even if it is a tiny bit bigger than the other.

Does anyone think that this is maybe causing someone to feel depressed and hate themselves? Because to me this **** doesnt seem so normal.

Normal: Being able to show your breasts without being laughed at or feel like a freak. Going swimming in a bathing suit or naked feeling comfortable with your breasts not worrying about them.

Not Normal: Being laughed at for the uneven size. Being afraid to wear tight shirts or show yourself to anyone.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #2
(female)

KD86 HB User
Re: Uneven Breasts

Hi User

I think I know how you feel. My breasts are uneven. I think one is a cup size bigger than the other.

I am actually kind of glad that I have never had sex yet because I am afraid to take my shirt off and show a guy my uneven boobs.

KD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

Mine have been uneven forever. I'm 35. None of the guys I've been with have cared about it. It's annoying to me because one is a cup size larger than the other (maybe more) but like I said, the guys I've been with haven't cared at all.

Aside from surgery there's really nothing you can do about it. I know it's annoying, believe me, I've been dealing with it my whole life! But I've realized that it's not as big of a deal as I was making it out to be.

And if your "friends" laughed at you then they're not real friends and you shouldn't be hanging out with them. Friends don't make you feel bad, they build you up and help you feel better when you're feeling down. If these girls don't do that for you, DON'T waste your time with them!!

But most of all, what you need to realize is that this is a very, very common problem. Some women hate their uneven breasts, others hate their big butt, others think their labia are too long and think guys will think they are a freak. The list goes on. But in the end, if you're ever with someone who judges you based on something in your appearance and they make you feel bad about it then they don't deserve to be with you, end of story. Don't waste your time with those people! There are people out there who will not judge you like that, despite what you may think. Spend more time seeking out less insecure people who won't do that to you and you'll be a lot happier.

Women have always hated some aspect of their bodies because society pushes seemingly perfect bodied women in our faces every chance we get. But what you need to realize is that REAL women, the average woman living an average life is going to look original, different, and REAL. Don't forget the girls you see in magazines and on TV are airbrushed and have had massive plastic surgery and all kinds of modifications done to make them look like that. The average woman doesn't have the unlimited funds available to make herself look like that and she shouldn't try. It's not necessary.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

user2009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo123 View Post
Mine have been uneven forever. I'm 35. None of the guys I've been with have cared about it. It's annoying to me because one is a cup size larger than the other (maybe more) but like I said, the guys I've been with haven't cared at all.

Aside from surgery there's really nothing you can do about it. I know it's annoying, believe me, I've been dealing with it my whole life! But I've realized that it's not as big of a deal as I was making it out to be.

And if your "friends" laughed at you then they're not real friends and you shouldn't be hanging out with them. Friends don't make you feel bad, they build you up and help you feel better when you're feeling down. If these girls don't do that for you, DON'T waste your time with them!!

But most of all, what you need to realize is that this is a very, very common problem. Some women hate their uneven breasts, others hate their big butt, others think their labia are too long and think guys will think they are a freak. The list goes on. But in the end, if you're ever with someone who judges you based on something in your appearance and they make you feel bad about it then they don't deserve to be with you, end of story. Don't waste your time with those people! There are people out there who will not judge you like that, despite what you may think. Spend more time seeking out less insecure people who won't do that to you and you'll be a lot happier.

Women have always hated some aspect of their bodies because society pushes seemingly perfect bodied women in our faces every chance we get. But what you need to realize is that REAL women, the average woman living an average life is going to look original, different, and REAL. Don't forget the girls you see in magazines and on TV are airbrushed and have had massive plastic surgery and all kinds of modifications done to make them look like that. The average woman doesn't have the unlimited funds available to make herself look like that and she shouldn't try. It's not necessary.

No there are normal girls who actually do look like girls on tv. That HAVEN'T had surgery or anything. There are NORMAL girls with even breasts.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Hi User, I must respectfully disagree with your conclusions. I am 49 years old, and I can't say I have ever gone to a friends house and compared breasts! That does not sound "normal" to me. For your friends to "look at you like your a circus freak and laugh" doesn't sound "normal" either.

Going to a swimming pool and wearing tight shirts make many women feel uncomfortable, so wear a cute cover-up, or stay away from skin tight shirts. Everyone has some feature that they are less than happy about, but it certainly should not be a source of depression, disgust, or self hatred.

Besides, your breasts are there for a purpose, which is much more important than to look perfect...When the time comes for you to have babies, all kinds of things happen to your breasts, and your babies won't care how they look.

I would avoid the use of the word normal...we are all unique individuals, and our differences are completely normal...thinking we should all be exactly the same, is not normal. I suggest you change your focus away from your breasts, and find other things about yourself to provide you with confidence, self-acceptance, and pride. Dwelling on your breasts is avoiding the bigger picture here. I wish you the very best.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Ask your doctor, or better yet, ask someone who does mammograms all day. The majority of women have uneven breasts. Our bodies are not symmetrical. One hand is larger. One foot is larger. Your brows are different. Your eyes are different...

I've never had anyone comment on my breast being uneven. It is the norm. Your friends are cruel, true mean girls.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
(female)

Frogans2005 HB User

I totally agree with the other posters. I am 22 yrs old. One of my breast is visibly larger than the other. I wear tight shirts and swim suits all the time. Most women are not happy about something about themselves. Weight, skin problems, height, etc. I would say talk to your doctor about it. I dont know anyone who has even breasts.
Also what is the definition of "normal" It differs from person to person. If it makes you that uncomfortable You options are few but do exist. Surgery is one, also you could get Sizers. Like padding to fill out your other breast.
I know its hard to see now, but it really is "normal" for lack of a better term. Good Luck =)

Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
(female)

Lysander HB User

There are some girls with even breasts, there are many more with uneven breasts. Ask yourself, where are you getting your definition of normal from? Your two friends? TV? Take a REAL sample size and you'll see that you can't call even breasts "normal."

Old 08-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
(female)

user2009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
There are some girls with even breasts, there are many more with uneven breasts. Ask yourself, where are you getting your definition of normal from? Your two friends? TV? Take a REAL sample size and you'll see that you can't call even breasts "normal."
its quiet simple.

even breasts = normal.

uneven= people laughing and you feeling like a freak.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
(female)

user2009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
Ask your doctor, or better yet, ask someone who does mammograms all day. The majority of women have uneven breasts. Our bodies are not symmetrical. One hand is larger. One foot is larger. Your brows are different. Your eyes are different...

I've never had anyone comment on my breast being uneven. It is the norm. Your friends are cruel, true mean girls.
From what i've seen and i'm sure others have eyebrows, hands , feet all look the same you can't tell if their bigger than the other. But you sure can tell if breasts are their quiet noticeable. If they weren't i don't think anyone would be laughing.

But

There are girls with even breasts that look the same and haven't had surgery or anything done.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
(female)

user2009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
Hi User, I must respectfully disagree with your conclusions. I am 49 years old, and I can't say I have ever gone to a friends house and compared breasts! That does not sound "normal" to me. For your friends to "look at you like your a circus freak and laugh" doesn't sound "normal" either.

Going to a swimming pool and wearing tight shirts make many women feel uncomfortable, so wear a cute cover-up, or stay away from skin tight shirts. Everyone has some feature that they are less than happy about, but it certainly should not be a source of depression, disgust, or self hatred.

Besides, your breasts are there for a purpose, which is much more important than to look perfect...When the time comes for you to have babies, all kinds of things happen to your breasts, and your babies won't care how they look.

I would avoid the use of the word normal...we are all unique individuals, and our differences are completely normal...thinking we should all be exactly the same, is not normal. I suggest you change your focus away from your breasts, and find other things about yourself to provide you with confidence, self-acceptance, and pride. Dwelling on your breasts is avoiding the bigger picture here. I wish you the very best.

Go to the beach wearing a cover top, when i see alot of people wear baithingsuits without cover tops? Wouldn't it be pretty embarassing if someone asked you to take off the cover top. Or lets say another situation like skinny dipping lol. Then everyone else is having fun when your not and you feel not normal anymore.

Its not just dwelling its a serious problem that is effecting things and im sure for most girls out there.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
(female)

Lysander HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by user2009 View Post
its quiet simple.

even breasts = normal.

uneven= people laughing and you feeling like a freak.
But where did you get that idea? Where did you learn that was normal? Who told you? Specifically? I'm not asking to be annoying, I really want to know. Why do you think uneven breasts are not normal?

My breasts are uneven. I don't feel like a freak. No one has ever laughed at me. No one has ever even mentioned it. It has never even occurred to me to count it as a flaw. My husband has never mentioned it, and he talks about every part of my body, even the parts I hate most.

At some point in my life I looked in the mirror and noticed that one breast was larger than the other and I never thought about it again. You, however, are very concerned with this. Why is that?

Edit: I want to clarify, again, that I am not trying to say, "What's wrong with you, that this bothers you?" I ask these questions because I think if you thought about them, it might help you understand why you feel this way.

Obviously this is an issue that is very important to you, and I'm sure is important to other people. Some quick searching online shows that there are special bras made to help with this problem, and surgery is an option.

Last edited by Lysander; 08-19-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Clarification

Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by user2009 View Post
Go to the beach wearing a cover top, when i see alot of people wear baithingsuits without cover tops? Wouldn't it be pretty embarassing if someone asked you to take off the cover top. Or lets say another situation like skinny dipping lol. Then everyone else is having fun when your not and you feel not normal anymore.

Its not just dwelling its a serious problem that is effecting things and im sure for most girls out there.
Hi User,

I understand from your words that this IS a serious problem for you...we are simply trying to help you understand, that in the whole scope of things, that uneven breasts are not the end of the world. If you take a look at some of the other issues many people come seeking help and understanding about, are very very serious, life threatening and debilitating illnesses. That is not to mean your issue is any less important, just not worth the self-hatred, the lack of confidence, and horrible embarrassment.

Since this issue is so devastating to you, I would suggest counseling for you. You might learn that your perspective might change if the advice you receive is from a professional, rather than the un-informed sources
you seem to be using in your decision making.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
(female)

user2009 HB User

I know its not the end of the world. But its very very very sad. Because its sort of like the ugly duckling story almost. And if you say that almost all girls have uneven breasts (which i dont think because almost all of my freinds have even breasts), then there will be alot of girls going to councling. I still don't understand though.. like you make it seem like no one notices or cares but some people do notice.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Hi User,

If it is an ugly duckling story, then you will turn into a beautiful swan! May I ask your age?

I am not suggesting that all girls with uneven breasts need counseling...far from it. It is your perspective, on how negative your breasts make you feel about yourself, that I suggested counseling.

How you feel about yourself is really all that counts, and since it is such a "very very very sad" thing for you, I think it is certainly worth looking into further. I am not trying to make light of your situation, honestly...I am just trying to offer you another way to look at things, OK?

I have always had uneven breasts, so I do understand. I only wish that they were the biggest issue I had to tackle! Instead, I am facing the end of a long battle with serious illness, facing the idea of not seeing my children grow up, my parents, my family or my friends...and still have uneven breasts too!

I am not trying to trivialize your struggle, but I wish you could just love yourself, enjoy your life, accept others, and yourself. Your body will change throughout your life, and like the ugly duckling, you have every chance in the world to turn into that lovely swan...I wish you the best!

Last edited by writeleft; 08-19-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Closed Thread