It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

Czkgirl HB User
Question Irregular bleeding, dont know whats going on!!

My periods are usually regular and predictable. It usually last about 4-5 days and is very heavy for the first two days. This month my 'period' came 2 days late and has been very very light compared to normal. I started bleeding on the 22nd and i have been having sharp abdominal pains and pain in my pelvic area and also in my lower and mid back. The blood has been very bright red, and occasionally a brownish color. Now everytime i wipe, its light pink.
I am stressing myself out thinking about what is going on, i had a Doc app. scheduled for the 2nd of Sep and cant get anything sooner. i dont think this is so severe to go to the ER or Urgent care, so im trying to wait till my App.

I read about implantation bleeding and thought it could have been that, but it usually only last 1-2days,and mine is going on 6. I have also taken a few Preg. tests and they were Neg.
Some of my sypmtoms were also leading toward an ectopic preg, but im also not sure thats what it is, hence the neg preg. test.

Also, about two months ago i had a pap, and it came back abnormal, i have been getting the run-around with my doc. the app on the 2nd is for my follow-up. I dont know if that has anything to do with whats going on.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with whats going on (to give me piece of mind). Sorry it was long.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Re: Irregular bleeding, dont know whats going on!!

I'm in a similar position as you are right now, only my cycle was a couple days early. And I've been doing a lot of reading on this kind of problem since then too.

I worried what I had was implantation bleeding as well, but from what I've read, such bleeding is incredibly light and is either brown or pink and only lasts maybe 1-2 days. So if there's been bright or dark red blood that lasted more than a couple days, it's most likely not from implantation. Also, an ectopic pregnancy would yield a positive pregnancy test; the pregnancy hormones would still be there, even if the embryo was developing in the wrong place.

How do the pains in your pelvis and back compare to your usual cramps, if you have any? Have they let up at all since they began?

It sounds like maybe the bleeding is coming to a stop, hence the pinkish color rather than the red. An abnormal pap exam result could have something to do with it; there are a couple of female conditions that can play tricks with your cycle, such as ovarian cysts and endometriosis (some women get symptoms, some do not). If you've done anything different in your life suddenly, like stressing, begun exercising, taking medication, moved to a new home, went on a new birth control, or lost or gained a lot of weight, these are all things that can contribute to a screwy period.

And honestly, it's sometimes not too out of the ordinary to just have an off cycle. Mine are often fairly regular, and just once in a great while, -boom- I get one that's early or a little lighter than usual. Then I'm okay again next month. If one month things are a little screwy, it could just mean your body is feeling a little weird for some reason or another and bled less, or didn't ovulate, or was just being moody.

I've personally not taken a pregnancy test to ease my own fears because I think, under my circumstances, pregnancy seems a bit far-fetched. Perhaps you could ask your doctor to perform a blood test to relax you about pregnancy, because blood tests are foolproof. And it's good you're going to see your doctor too; hopefully they can try and find out if there's an actual issue at hand, or if you're just having an off month and it's the exception rather than the rule.

Also re: pregnancy, this is not something you need to answer publicly, but do you have access to a vaginal speculum? If so, you can give yourself an exam with said tool and a mirror. If your cervix is not purplish in color, it means there is no pregnancy. For some reason, that part of the female body changes color during pregnancy.

Hope you can get the answers you seek.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
(female)

nickel21549 HB User
Re: Irregular bleeding, dont know whats going on!!

I just read your post and I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I have very predictable periods. For a year and a half now it's come on the same day but this time it was two days late and I've had a lot more cramping and pain than normal but my period has been extremely light... especially for the first day. When I was late I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative also but I felt like some of the symptoms were there. But before I got my period I was feeling the area by where my zipper would be and I found a lump. Not like a pregnant lump but a hard lump that feels like cartilage. I've done some looking into it and I think that a fiberoid is what I have and I am making an appointment to see a dr. as well. Maybe thats something you should look into. Especially if your test came back weird. Let me know how it goes. Hope it goes well.

Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal pain, abnormal pap, ectopic preg, implantation bleeding, irregular periods