It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
(female)

axdeadxend HB User
Bloated abdomen

Hi... I am a 19 year old female that for the past year I have been suffering from what seemed like IBS... constipation, diarrhea, bloating, indigestion, & gas. Well... over the past 2 months it has progressively gotten worse.

About 3 months ago I got my period on time, but what was unusual was that it lasted for 8 day's straight & was heavy the whole time. That was very unusual for me because I have been on the BC pill for 4 years now due to heavy & painful periods that would last for 6-7 days, & because my serious bf at the time & I started having sex (we dated for 2 years). Since I've started the pill, my periods are always the same time every month & last no longer then 4-5 days (more like 5 on average though).

Well the following month (last month), about 2 weeks before my period... I started having abdominal bloating, extreme dizziness to the point I felt faint & had to lie down, nausea but I did not have the urge to vomit, constipation, & pain/cramping in my abdomen & lower abdomen. The pain felt as if someone was taking my ovaries & squeezing them or pushing on them... it felt like immense pressure in my lower part of my abdomen. The cramping was more like a menstrual cramping that lasted for 2 weeks before my period & throughout my period once I got it. My period did come on time & lasted the normal 5 days though.

Well I felt somewhat normal for about a week & a half (with just abdominal bloating)... until about mid-way through this week (which is 2 weeks before my period again). I now have nausea and lower abdominal bloating that feels like extreme pressure or a fullness...

Last night in fact I had the pressure feeling. It came on suddenly as I was laying down watching some tv. I stood up & looked at the size of my stomach & it was huge! I went onto my computer, sat down & typed in

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
(female)

axdeadxend HB User
Re: my lower abdomen (pelvis) is extremely bloated what can cause this

Sorry... got cut off up there, almost done though.

So to start where I last left off at...

I got up, looked in the mirror, & saw how bloated my lower abdomen looked. I was shocked... I looked 6 months pregnant & could barely walk. I went to my computer & typed in "lower abdomen (pelvis) bloating or extreme fullness feeling", & as I typed this I felt a kind of pop like a small bubble popping inside my abdomen & the pressure wasn't as intense... though it was still there it was more tolerable. Well I continued my search & what came up was ovarian cysts or fibroid. They both explained all of the symptoms I have been having... I don't want to self diagnose, but I'm scared as to what it could be. When all of my symptoms first started last month I tried figuring out what it could be & the #1 thing I got back on all of the websites I looked at was ovarian cysts, fibroid, and ovarian cancer.

I also forgot to mention that I have been having lower back pain & weakness in my legs, more like in my thighs.

If anyone has and any of these symptoms & has gotten a diagnoses... please let me know! I'm going to make an appointment with my gyno after this holiday weekend, but I'm curious to see if anyone else had any of these similar symptoms & got a diagnosis.

Thanks,

axdeadxend

Old 09-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
(female)

axdeadxend HB User

SORRY! One last thing I forgot to mention...

I haven't gained any weight recently. I check my weight everyday to see if it changes... I've actually lost about 5 lbs because this past month I haven't been eating as often as I used too (snacking), I'm eating even more healthy then I did before, I'm exercising more often, when I do eat I try to eat bland things that are less harsh on my stomach, & I'm eating less because I'm afraid of the bloating. The bloating is always worse in the afternoon/night and after I eat anything.

Thanks again.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
(male)

Kenrock HB User

http://www.*****.com/digestive-disorders/enlarged-pancreas-causes-symptoms-and-treatments

Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I'm not sure how much help I'll be since I have no advice, but I think I am feeling some of the same things you are...only thing is I am not on the pill. But I also get the weird pressure/dull achiness/discomfort in my pelvis (I have it on both sides), and I feel bloating, but only really in the area of my abdomen below my navel, and always after eating and sometimes even when I get up in the morning. I also get the aches in my pelvis in addition to menstrual cramps...I get them before, during, and after my period. As far as weight...no clue where I stand, as I haven't weighed myself in months and my weight goes up and down a lot anyway (it usually fluctuates by 10 or 15 pounds...very weird).

Since you're young, I really doubt it's fibroids. And I worry about ovarian cancer too, but I think it's safe to say that if you had it for a year and it didn't get worse over the entire course of that year, it's pretty doubtful that it's cancer; cancer will get worse and totally wipe you out as far as energy if it's not diagnosed. Doesn't help when the symptoms of ovarian cysts and ovarian cancer are nearly identical, but cancer is a pretty small risk unless you have a family history of said cancer.

Anyway, I hope your doctor visit turned out well and you got some answers to your questions.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
(female)

jenavive27 HB User

it might be polcystic ovarian syndrom or mastocytic enterocolitis.
pcos cause your ovaries to form cysts and then they pop making you have excrusiating stomach and ovarian pains. hope this helps. feel better soon

Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
(female)

TraceC HB User

Bloating, constipation, gas, no weight gain....do you have low in iron, tiredness, feel like a nana nap in the afternoon. These all are the same symptoms i had for celiac disease ( have a search and find out some more) dont freak out tho as its maintained by diet and altho hard things can become normal again.
Now the periods being irregular and feeling like you overies are being squeezed. this very much sounds like Poly cystic overy syndrome. the bursting you may have felt could have been a cyst on your overy poping. this can be tested by blood hormone test and ultra sound.
These are both auto amune disorders it may help to search other auto amune disorders to see if all your symptoms match one.
i am no docter but i hope this helps you. Also best of luck for the future

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
(female)

meliss7111 HB User

Did you find out what this was I am having similar symptoms?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
(female)

KLL35 HB User

I would be very interested to know if you were given a diagnosis. I have nearly identical symptoms except I do not have painful periods. After over a year of doctors visits and increasing pain I was finally told that I have endometriosis. The doctor said he could actually feel the nodules on my uterosacral ligaments. I am scheduled for a laparoscopic surgery tomorrow for an assessment of my endometriosis. I was very concerned before this diagnosis as I come from a family with a long history of cancer. I would recommend you see your gynecologist as soon as possible and request a transvaginal ultrasound. I hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Please get checked by a doctor- your symptoms could be very serious. One possible condition is ovarian cancer- bloating, abdominal pain, etc matches ovarian cancer. See a doc, please.

Closed Thread