It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

DepressedFemale HB User
Angry Reoccuring Bacterial Vaginosis

I am a newbie so if I have posted something that should not be posted in this category please forgive me.

I have had bacterial vaginosis once a year since 2004 but near the end of 2007, the vaginosis came and never left.

I was treated several times with Flagyl, metrogel and clindesse but the bv came right back after a few days. During this past year and I have not been sexually active. I usually go to Planned Parenthood for treatment as I have no health insurance and I am currently unemployed. I have tried home remedies such as douching with peroxide, baking soda, acidophilus etc. none of these work. I am have also tried the folic acid pills and the acidophilus orally. I located in Houston and would like to know if there are any other low cost or free clinics that offer treatment for this. From doing online research I found that women with BV may actually have something called group B strep..how is this tested?

Has anyone had reoccuring bv that was finally cured with meds or controlled with meds? This is really a horrible condition..the smell is sometimes like rotten meat! The discharge is sometimes a bit spotty (I have irregular periods due to having polycystic ovarian syndrome) and its just down right depressing.

I would appreciate any help/info/encouragement.

Last edited by DepressedFemale; 09-07-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Closed Thread