It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

newmoonfly HB User
Maca Root to treat Vulvodynia

Has anyone tried or had success with Maca for treating this condition. I have recently been diagnosed with Vulvodynia after a year and a half of suffering. I have been prescribed Gabapentin and Lidocaine to cope with the pain. So far, no relief. I firmly believe that my Vulvodynia is hormone related. I am only 29 years old, still have regular periods but every month I seem to be going through this pattern of emotional highs and lows, extreme pain in vulva to none what so ever, my skin clears up after I ovulate. My pain is worse during my period up until I ovulate. I have just started taking Maca Powder to try to balance out my hormones. I was just wondering if anyone else has discovered Maca. All of the research that I have done indicates that Maca is very potent and an excellent way to balance hormones in men and women. I also sell a lot of it at the health food store that I work at. I get great feedback, unfortunately, I have yet to run into another women who is willing to talk about vulvodynia or even asked me about it. Anyway, I love love some feed back. And of course, I will report my findings after I have the opportunity to take the Maca for awhile and see if it works for me.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: newmoonfly
delightfulone (09-07-2011), PollyPerez (01-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread