It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
(female)

Student87 HB User
Sore on labia majora

A few days ago I noticed a lump forming on my labia majora which really red and tender. It looks kind of like a pimple or something.. It really stood out and had a head on it. I do shave everything down in that area, I'm thinking it might be an ingrown hair or something, but theres no hair coming out of the actual sore. When I went to the bathroom earlier it was bleeding pretty bad and the head came off. I've been using a hot cloth frequently, its helped a bit, the sore went down and all. But my labia is still really swollen, like there's liquid/puss in there. It's not realy that painful, more so uncomfortable. I really have no idea what it is...I'm pretty much freaking myself out. I know I can dedinately rule out herpes, my last gyno test was in January, and i was clean, and have only been with my current boyfriend since then. Protected everytime.

Anyone have any idea what it may be and what i can do myself to get rid of it..? I'm thinking of just booking an appointment on monday with my doctor, but its so embarrassing..so its like my last resort.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

pauline61 HB User
Re: Sore on labia majora

Sounds like a Bartholin cyst ,which can be caused by a blocked duct,can be easily treated by antibiotics. Nothing to be embarrassed about. make an appointment with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread