It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

sk95 HB User
Ingrown hair? Something more?

Hi all, I tend to get ingrown hairs on the same spot on my vulva because I shave. I got an ingrown hair the other day, waited for it to surface, and plucked it. However, it has now been a few days and I still have a bump where the ingrown hair was. It doesn't really hurt...a little uncomfortable at times, but not pain. I am sexually active and in a monogamous relationship (we both tested STD free). I also mentioned the ingrown hairs to my gyno during my last visit, and she didn't seem worried. However, I am getting kind of concerned about this darn bump still being there! Could it just be scar tissue, or something more serious? Thanks!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

armywife2002 HB User
Re: Ingrown hair? Something more?

I would recommend going ahead and seeing a doctor I had a similar issue and they were telling me its common with shaving but you never know if it has caused it to be something worse. But I know they say drink lots of water and to try to take shave as much plus it can be from the kind of underwear we wear too lol. But either way I know it help me by just making sure on some of those ways. You could also try a deep cleaning body wash like Neutrogena or any other products you prefer. Best of luck I know I'm having issues now with my chin =0(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread