It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

JMYHNY HB User
Question Itching down there....help please

I am a 24 year old female. For about 2 or 3 days now, I have been having a itching down there in my female private area.
I have never had sex before so that is out of the question and I just came off my period last Thursday. I have also been on a couple different antibiotics since mid June 2009 for strep, and bronchitis. Also last Tuesday I got a flu shot.---I don't know if any of that info will help out..

What should I do because this itching can get annoying lol? Should I have to go to the doctor for this or is there anything that can be bought in the store to help out.

Any suggestions is needed please!

Last edited by JMYHNY; 09-28-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Itching down there....help please

sounds like you have a yeast infection.....triggered by the antibiotics you were just on! the antibiotics kill all the bacteria.....even the GOOD bacteria....it's a common occurrance to get a yeast infection after an antibiotic.....call the doctor and tell them.....they will give you another medicine for the yeast.....
there are some over the counter treatments....I think monostat, but that doesn't work for me. I have success with terazol, which I got from a prescription.....good luck....do something, it won't go away on its own

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread