It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

MollyR HB User
Were to go next

For the past 10 months i have been in and out of the doctors office more than i have in my entire life. In january 2009 I was rushed to the ER because I was in severe pain, couldnt stop shaking and had a fever. I got to the hospital and was told i had a severe kidney infections. Ever since then i have suffered from Uti's ever couple of weeks, abdominal pain, heavy and irregular periods. After not getting any answers form my doctor i went to see gyn. after finding out that i have Endometriosis in the family the doctor said that she trully believes that i may have it. She says there are two things that i can do. take birth control pills or have surgery. I now have been on birth control for 3 months and really want to stop. I dont like taking medications, especially birth control. And I also would like to stay away from the surgery idea. I guess im just look for some guidance on were to go next and what can i do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Were to go next

Molly

I think that you should see a urologist. I find it hard to believe that you would suddenly develop endometriosis with a kidney infection. You are having freguent uti's since having a severe kidney infection. When you were being treated for this kidney infection, did the doctor every investigate how you may have gotten such a severe kidney infection? I think that would be the first course to take. The other question I would have is, before this infection did you have any bad cramping or any other symptom related to your monthly period? I do not blame you for not wanting to take any unnecessary medication or have surgery. By chance have your abdominal pain and heavy irregular bleeding changed since beginning the birth control pill?
Let me know how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
(female)

MollyR HB User
Re: Were to go next

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
Molly

I think that you should see a urologist. I find it hard to believe that you would suddenly develop endometriosis with a kidney infection. You are having freguent uti's since having a severe kidney infection. When you were being treated for this kidney infection, did the doctor every investigate how you may have gotten such a severe kidney infection? I think that would be the first course to take. The other question I would have is, before this infection did you have any bad cramping or any other symptom related to your monthly period? I do not blame you for not wanting to take any unnecessary medication or have surgery. By chance have your abdominal pain and heavy irregular bleeding changed since beginning the birth control pill?
Let me know how you are doing.
No, the doctor never investigated why i got a kidney infection, he basically put me on pills and sent me on my way. I never had cramping before the kidney infection however I did have irregular periods. ever since I started the birth control pills most if not all the pain has gone away. I have thought about going to a urolist but someone pointed be to a gyn because most females in my family have endometriosis. thanks for your response and hope to hear from you again.

Closed Thread