It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

legalrun HB User
Yaz, Then ALL my health problems...

I took Yaz for about 2 years. Since the time I started taking it I have had multiple kidney stones and gallbladder problems (which got better after I quit taking it.) Since I quite taking it I have been diagnosed with extreme iron and potassium deficiency, low thyroid, and possibly pancreatitis. I never had any health problems prior to taking the pill. Think it may be related??

Old 10-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Yaz, Then ALL my health problems...

Very possibly it can be related to the pill or possibly it was already happening and the pill made it worse or sped it up. The Pill can really cause major hormonal imbalance in some people more than in others. It basically causes the estrogen to rise much higher than your progesterone and this is referred to as estrogen dominance. This then goes on to cause all kinds of other issues and not much help from doctors as they will simply put you on a different brand of BC pill or some women have simply been told to have a hysterectomy to put an end to their hormonal issues.

Estrogen dominance, thyroid issues, low iron, digestive issues, adrenal issues, fibromyalgia and a number of other things are often found to be linked to one another. Some experts believe that hypothyroid is actually a symptom of estrogen dominance.

Funny you should mention your pancreas, it's actually part of your endocrine system which also includes your thyroid. When one thing falls, the other areas in the body often start to fall, kind of like a domino affect.

My pancreas doesn't produce sufficient enzymes to digest protein, so i was low in a lot of things and had to take supplements. The most difficult thing to raise is my ferritin.

You should also get your vitamin D and B12 levels checked. They should be at the high end of the lab range, not low or middle. Both of these are often found low in people with low iron levels or even anemia and even with thyroid issues.

Some people are anemic due to being gluten intolerant so if you wish you can get tested for that at the same time.

When i first got diagnosed i thought i was dealing only with the low ferritin (iron stores) and only focused on that. Later i found out i'd had a thyroid problem all along (i went 9 years undiagnosed due to careless doctors). I thought it was just a matter of taking a pill and all would be fine. Then through information from my new doctor and learning things from other people on here and the net i found out that all my issues truly are interlinked.

The Anemia and Thyroid section of the boards have been lots of help to me over the last few years. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread