It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

cody48 HB User
Question concerning vaginitis/yeast infection

I have been having a problem for 6 months or so with painful intercourse at penetration and a couple of times some VERY slight bleeding. I had no itching but did experience some slight discomfort (might consider it a burning) right before I went to the doctor this week for my check-up. I had a white blood cell count that was slightly elevated. My doctor used some larger term but one of the medications that he gave was the 3-day cream for a yeast infection and then I took a medication that was just one pill. Question is.......do you have an elevated while blood cell count with a yeast infection? I had yeast infections when I was younger and never had this problem to my knowledge.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Question concerning vaginitis/yeast infection

Yeast is an infection and yes, it can cause the WBC to elevate..also, if you have any sort of UTI going on, that would explain it. The pill he gave you, is probably Diflucan, which is to treat Yeast- the cream is probably to treat the symtoms...
The symtoms you describe do sound like a yeast infection or even a UTI. Im assuming he checked your urine for signs of infection??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
(female)

cody48 HB User
Re: Question concerning vaginitis/yeast infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Yeast is an infection and yes, it can cause the WBC to elevate..also, if you have any sort of UTI going on, that would explain it. The pill he gave you, is probably Diflucan, which is to treat Yeast- the cream is probably to treat the symtoms...
The symtoms you describe do sound like a yeast infection or even a UTI. Im assuming he checked your urine for signs of infection??
Thank you for your response. Yes, urine was checked and was okay. Haven't had any fever that I know of. Just never realized that you could possible have an elevated white blood count with a yeast infection but guess that it makes sense.

Again, appreciate your reply.

Closed Thread