It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
(female)

tonyalove HB User
my doctor said that yellow discharge is normal

my doctor said that yellow discharge is normal.... huh? when, ive been to the docs over 8 time and they say everything is fine, she even told me she has yellow discharge sometime...help me

Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
Re: my doctor said that yellow discharge is normal

Are you experiencing yellow discharge, is that why you're asking? If so, did it start suddenly, or has it always been that way? I think it *can* be normal (although not likely) if it's that way since the start of puberty, when you begin getting a regular discharge. But yellow is usually an indication of a problem.

I have read that discharge can turn yellow when it's exposed to air or dries, so that's a possibility I suppose...

I've had a yellow discharge that started out of the blue a couple of years ago though, and after about 20 doctor visits and 3 doctors they all also insist I'm fine. And I'm not buying it, because it is NOT normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
(female)

pinkpolkadots HB User

That sounds like me Pinkrobot - I think I have been to the doctor about it for about 10-15 visits, but they insist that it is normal.

I agree, yellow discharge does not sound normal as I have heard milky/white discharge is normal.

We can only hope that someone finds a cure for our problem..

Old 10-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
(female)

tonyalove HB User

This is a reply to pinkrobot

Iíve had this problem for about two years; I have been tested for everything possible. They say everything is fine, but I know that yellow discharge isnít normal. They said the first time I went to the gyno that I just had a Bv infection then they gave me some antibiotics. Nothing had changed at All after taking the antibiotics. After the treatment failed I went back and they said nothing was wrong. Huh? But I have the same discharge I did when they said I had a Bv. So then they tested me for Chlamydia, gonorrhea and other STDS, all my test came back fine. I even had my sexual partner tested for everything and he came back fine too. I went several times again after that still complaining about it. I just went back on Tuesday 10/6/09- and my doctor sat me down and said she has yellow discharge also its ďnormalĒ and that she couldnít fix anything good that was going on down there. This whole situation is ruining my life, I have a lot of discharge on a daily basis and I have to buy new underwear weekly, I wish someone would help. When I did hit puberty my discharge was normal and I didnít have an excess amount of it.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

If you've explored all of the options with your gynecologist, maybe a urologist should be your next step. It's possible you might have something as simple as mild leakage from urinary incontinence. The only way to know for sure is to see a urologist. That would be my reccommendation.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
(female)

Perifedup HB User

I think most of us can say that we've had yellowish discharge. With under panties now being lots of colours, we often don't notice what colour the discharge is but, with lighter colours, it may be more apparent. And, don't forget that a lot of women just don't take any note of things like this. As long as they're not bleeding or feeling uncomfortable, they don't really look or care.

It could be that if you were to ask a number of women to take note of this sort of thing, you'd find that most women have this.

The fact that you have been checked out gynecologically and treated for infection with no change, means that it's "normal" for YOU!

And, as Kszan has said, it may be urine leakage or not a full cleanse while wiping after urinating. (That's one of the reasons why/usages for panty liners being invented) Urine is yellow and can stain yellow.

Closed Thread