It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Question question about pap

I had my pap done 9/23 and I decided to call today for results. I was put on hold as my heart beated so fast-since I have had abnormal paps in the past due to HPV so I am always scared. Receptionist got back on phone and said she would have a nurse call me back-which is normal I think since I think the recept is not allowed to give results. The problem is the nurse never called me back then I called a second time and no call came in and I was told she has received so many calls. I explained I was nervous and recept said she understood but my message was there. My doctor was not in she comes in tomorrow. But do you all think that means bad news and perhaps nurse wanted to avoid me-I honestly do not know what to think. Perhaps I am making a big deal over nothing - but I will call tomorrow and speak to my dr directly. I feel the fact that she did not call me means something is wrong-what do you guys think - am I being silly. Hubby says stop thinking the worse and relax if something was that bad they would have called you asap so chill. I hope he is right.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: question about pap

I wouldn't assume it's bad. You know how busy gyne offices can be. Usually if its bad news, they will be way more persistant with trying to get in touch with you. At least in my experience, that's how my doc's office handles this stuff.

Try calling again tomorrow a few times and see if you can get a hold of a nurse. You're right that the receptionist isn't allowed to give out test results. They just answer the phone and set appointments. They're not allowed to give you results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User

thanks I guess when your anxious every little thing means something bad. I hope to God it is nothing but of course I am always worrying. THANKS!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User

Hi everyone happy to report I finally received pap/hpv results and they were normal. The nurse finally called me back and I must say I am happy right now. My breast mammo was also normal and now I have my hysterosonogram in a week to check tiny polyp they were unable to see very clear and hopefully that will be that - I hope that comes out good and I am done with doctors/medical exams for a little while-I have had it truthfully-I have been poked and prodded in every hole imaginable and I have no holes left. Leave me be.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

That's great news! Yay!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User

Thanks so much - I am relieved so I still have one more test - hysterosonogram to do in a week or so since reg sonogram showed tiny polyp but they could not see it clearly I suppose-so I hope this turns out ok because I have had it.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
(female)

Perifedup HB User

Kimmie....that's GREAT to hear of your good news regarding your PAP!!! YIPPEE!!!

I was also booked in for a sonohysterogram to look for polyps (you may remember me from another thread you posted on and Kszan has been so helpful to me!). Unfortunately, I was to have my pre-sono (Transvaginal Ultrasound) today and the sonohysterogram on Monday BUT, I am horribly sick with a nasty virus that's been going around lately and have been flat on my back with it so, naturally, it's been postponed until I'm over this virus. (Understandably so )

Anyways, they found fragments of polyps in my endometrial biopsy as well so, I'm in the same boat as you with this.

Please come back and update us as to how you make out. Let me know how it goes and how it feels as I'm due for the same thing and like you...am really at my wit's end with medical tests and procedures (just got through another thyroid nodule biopsy and surgical consult for that last week!).

I know that Kszan is the Queen of Procedures and a real pro at it and I'm thanking her for being here for all of us! I will pay it forward by helping out others as well whenever I can.

Sending you great energies and will be watching this board for your update!

Meanwhile....back to spotting for me for now.

Closed Thread