It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

twin dreams HB User
Question Early period, clots, dizziness & fever.

I had my tubes tied 7 years ago, and every month my period is on the exact day it is due, lasts about 3 to 4 days and heavy the whole time. This month it is 8 days early, heavy as normal, but with lots of clots. And the day it started I became very dizzy just sitting at my desk, had chills and a fever; all lasted off and on for about 5 hours. Any idea why this is happening or what may have caused it?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
(female)

Perifedup HB User
Re: Early period, clots, dizziness & fever.

Sounds like either a coincidental thing that happened with a period and a possible virus or, perhaps, you may be getting a little low iron/hemoglobin wise from heavier periods. It's so hard to say over the net like this. Only your doc can run blood tests to check out your iron/hemoglobin levels etc..

Very often when we get our periods, we don't feel much like eating. Could you have skipped meals that day? A lot of us will also get that light headed, dizzy feeling with a heavier period as well.

If this keeps happening, I'd make a quick call or visit to your doc and just run it past him/her. I'm sure it's nothing much wrong but, best to be safe than sorry.
And, by the way, I used to nearly faint at times with some of my periods. I know a few girls who were like that as well. It's not all that uncommon but, if it keeps up, it does warrant running it past your doc. Heavy periods can drain you and you may need some help with supplements or perhaps, birth control pills to get the bleeding slowed down a bit if you're running low due to the heavier periods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
(female)

twin dreams HB User
Re: Early period, clots, dizziness & fever.

Thank you, that's what my mom basically told me today. Going to try taking some vitamins and see if it helps.

Closed Thread