It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

jessica24 HB User
severe pelvic pain

hi all,

i've looked at most of the recent posts about pelvic or ovulation pain, but none of them seem to match my symptoms.

i'm 20, have no children, am not sexually active (nor have i ever been). the week before my period and usually the week of, sometimes for a few days after, i get really bad pelvic cramps. i can do nothing but lie on my stomach or curled up in the fetal position. mostly the cramps are around my uterus, but sometimes it's a stabbing pain in my right ovary.

about six months ago, my doctor (not an OB - but i know i'm going to need to go to one after the ultrasound) put me on progesterone to help balance my hormones, as i have way too much estrogen but not enough progesterone. i went in last week to see her and she said that because i get weepy the week before my period, i'm on too much progesterone, but because i cramp during and after, i'm not on enough, and that usually girls my age and size are ready to come off the hormones by this time because it's really just supposed to be a kick-start for my body.

she said it could be cysts, it could be simple dysmenohrrea, or something else, so i have an ultrasound scheduled for next friday, 10/23.

this morning, though, my mom spoke with my aunt who said there is a condition that she doesn't know the name for and can't pronounce that runs on my dad's side of the family. my aunt gets it on one side, my grandma got it on one, my great aunt had it on both, my second cousin has it. all of them. she said it's like a growth on the ovary that gives a woman severe pain when the egg releases, that she could tell you down to the second when it's happening. she said that it's chronic and just something we have to live with. it can be "scraped" off if it's causing infertility, but it will grow back.

can someone please help me identify this so i can ask my doctor, and if you have had these or have any other suggestions, how do you deal with the pain?

thanks so much, and i'm sorry this is so long.

Last edited by jessica24; 10-17-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
(female)

Bluebug938 HB User
Re: severe pelvic pain

Could she possibly mean Endometriosis? Your symptoms seem like they could fit. Good Luck!!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
(female)

jessica24 HB User
Re: severe pelvic pain

that looks like it could be it. thank you!

i tried searching for the symptoms and the things she mentioned, nothing came up. this definitely will help when i go back to the doctors, though. thanks!

Closed Thread