It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

imsoanonymous HB User
Messed up period.

Hi everyone

I'm 15 years old. I started my period when I was 10 or 11. My periods always were consistent. I've never had a problem with them being erradic. In June I didn't get my period, in July, August, and September, it was super super light. This month It's a week or two late. I'm definately NOT pregnant. I have no idea what's wrong with me and I don't want to go to the gynecologist and have some stranger look at me down there

Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Messed up period.

Hi Imsoanonymous. Sounds like you are in a bit of a bad situation. Being that you were fairly young when you started your period, its not uncommon for things to change in the first few years. I realize its been almost 5 years, but your body is still going thru hormonal changes..

if you are positive that you arent pregnant - one can only assume you arent sexually active from that comment- then more then likely, this will resolve on its own. You might have some heavy months, some light months and some in between months! Assuming you arent sexually active or using any hormones (birth control pills) then its pretty safe to say you can wait this out alittle longer.....however, on the same note, if Im wrong, and you are using birth control or are sexually active, It might be time to discuss this with a doctor.

Just so you do know, the change in weather (seasons) can affect your menstrual flow..it might be that simple! However, at some point, you should start to consider the pelvic exam, the idea of having someone give you a routine exam, just to make sure things are as they should be..but thats your choice for when you are ready to do so.

Relax, its a very good chance that this is what is "normal' for you.
N

Last edited by MSNik; 10-19-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread