It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

kataratos HB User
What is/should be included in normal exam?

I am 25 y/o female. I have always had very regular periods, but I am just now on my second missed period (last period was in August; missed Sept. and now missing or late Oct.) I am not on any Birth Control or Fertility drugs. I am not trying to get pregnant, but I did have unprotected intercourse (with my husband) aprox 2-3 weeks after my last period. I haven't really had a lot of symptoms, but I've had fatigue, frequent urination, and loss of appetite--food just doesn't sound good, the past couple of weeks. That with the missed period concerned me, so I took a HPT, and it was negative (Ok...I've taken about five now...every couple of days). Anyway, now that I'm on my second missed or late period, I went to see my doctor. He did a urine test (which...surprise was negative for pregnancy and negative for UTI), but did not do a physical exam, pelvic exam, or any blood work. I keep thinking that if I'm not pregnant, then something else is not quite right. And, I was very surprised that the doctor didn't do anything more than a urine test. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Should my doctor have done something else?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: What is/should be included in normal exam?

Hi there. How long ago was your last doctors exam? If it was within the last year, your doctor might not have felt the need to do it?? Just guessing. Also, if you went there to find out if you were pregnant, and thats the reason you made the appointment- maybe there was some confusion as to why you would expect anything besides a pregnancy test? Again, just guessing.

I would call your doctor back. Ask him/her that question...and ask if they dont feel the need to do a Pregnancy test by blood, which is always more accurate. At this point, I would say if the urine test didnt show the signs of pregnancy, you PROBABLY arent; but if you feel that something is wrong, then you SHOULD talk to your doctor more about the symtoms you are showing.
Honestly, it could be stress and nerves/anxiety over this which has you not eating and feeling as you described, but its YOUR body and you should be checked out more thoroughly if that is your desire, and if you feel something isnt right...

Good luck to you...but try to relax. No matter what, stress can do horrible things to your system. Call your doctor and speak to them about your concerns...if not your GYN, then at least your primary care doctor. You deserve to be 100% secure about this.

N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread