It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
(female)

baughsarah HB User
Question I think I need help...

I am 21 years old, and I have never had a regular period. I have long cycles, anywhere from six weeks to eight weeks between periods, and I often skip them all together, I once went seven months without one, and no I wasn't pregnant. When I do have a period, it is very painful. I often feel as though a knife is being drug down my fallopian tubes. I have many large clots come out, though this is a rather new developement (it started about a year ago) while the other symptoms have run the course of my life. I started my period rather late in life. I was nearly 16. I do not know if that makes a difference or not, but in the long five years I've been menastrating, I have had only approximately thrity periods. I tried once to talk about this to a couple of people and they said I was lying. Ever since then I was afraid to bring it up. But now that I am getting older I realize how many things could possibly be wrong. I was laid off a couple of months ago and like so many others I have been unable to find something else. So please do not suggest I see a doctor. I know that I should but I simply can not afford it. Thank you for reading and responding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: I think I need help...

Hi there. I realize its scary to talk to people, but not knowing where you are located, I can only ask....are their clinics near you ? Places like Planned Parenthood offer very low cost medical exams....very low cost- its called a sliding scale basis. It could be as low as 5$....maybe you could afford this? There are other clinics which will do the same and also certain hospitals have clinics which cater to women and children. Youll have to do some research to find out.

It sounds like you have endometriosis- a very painful and somewhat annoying issue which affects lots of women. In order to have it diagnosed and treated, youl need to see a doctor. I cant believe anyone would accuse you of lying and Im so sorry that you have had to face that. Bad enough to be scared- but you dont need people telling you that!!!

If it is endo, its not the end of the world, but other things might cause you to have the symtoms you describe as well. It would really be in your best interest to find a doctor and get an exam...I realize money is an issue, but there are doctors who volunteer their time at these clinics and will help you if you look for help. Try looking for someone in your area...

Good luck and feel better....
N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread