It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
(female)

naranja HB User
chronic yeast/bv- now clumpy discharge during sex

HELP!!! someone... i am desperate...

It all started 2 years ago.. yes thats right.. TWO YEARS... I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and we are each others only partners. The first few months of us having sex was normal, and by normal I mean, enjoyable, I had no problem getting wet, my body produced enough lubricant of its own, clear and slimy, normal! Then after about 6 months in, something changed. My body stopped producing its own lubricant, I was dry and has this thick creamy white discharge that would show up during sex. Then, it started to smell. I freaked out, went to the doctor, got every std test ran, everything. Turns out I had a yeast infection. So i took the prescribed antibiotics, they didn't work. Went back, turn out I have a bacterial infection. Took the prescribed antibiotics, the smell would go away for a few days and then the discharge and smell would return. I must have gone to the doctor over 20 times in the past 2 years and every time the rush me in and out and prescribe me antibiotics.

Finally after a half a year of getting no where, I decided to research this myself. My mom is really into homeopathic remedies and has always told me to stay away from antibiotics. So I finally decided to listen to her. When the symptoms returned (as they always did) instead of paying to go to the doctor and having them give me the same medicine, I went to the health food store and got acidolphis (the good bacteria) since I had taken so many antibiotics, I had no more healthy bacteria in me. So I inserted the acidolphis pills directly into my vagina, ate tons of probiotic yogurt, used PH balanced fem wash, only wore cotton panties, peed and washed after sex, everything. And I got to say, this worked wonders. I really wish that doctors would give us this information, but of course their loyalty lies with the Pharmaceutical companies.

I gotta say, all this worked. But I wasn't back to normal. I have never be able to get wet the way I used to, we now have to use lubricant. And there is always the presence of some thick discharge, which I never had before. Now, I know doctors say that some form of discharge if always normal, and it varys in different women. But I know my body, I know how sex was before all this, and I know how sex is now. Something is off.

I most recently noticed a fishy smell AGAIN!! This time I tried the yogurt soaked tampons (inserting them into my vagina), Folic Acid pills, Deodorized garlic pills and Caprylic Acid pills and again acidolphis pills. The smell went away almost instantly!! But now, when I have sex, it starts off with a cream thick discharge and then a few minutes in my boyfriend is covered in clumpy white discharge. Never- the-less do I need to say that it has had a toll on our sex life, and despite how wonderful he is about it, I do not feel sexy when thick white clumps are coming out of me.

I do not know what else to do. I just want to be normal again.. and dealing with this for TWO YEARS is getting overwhelming and frustrating!!!

Please help. Anything thing you know or sharing any experience you have had will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. I know its a long post- But I've been dealing with this for a LONG time..

The Following User Says Thank You to naranja For This Useful Post:
2blssd2bstrssd (02-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
(female)

SwtSimplicity HB User
Re: chronic yeast/bv- now clumpy discharge during sex

[FONT="Century Gothic"]This may be new information, but regular lactobacillius acidophilus doesn't normally colonize the urogenital tract; meaning the urinary tract and the vaginal tract (go to the link below for more information). You need to purchase probiotics formulated for vaginal health, and contains bacteria that does colonize the vagina like Femdophilus and RePhresh Pro-B.

It would be a good idea to take probiotics (two hours after taking antibiotics). That way it immediately replenishes the bacteria that is lost. Purchase probiotics that contain 1 billion bacteria, or more. Try having protected sex; having unprotected sex changes the vaginal pH making it less acidic and more alkaline, which is why you'll notice an odor after sex sometimes. Don't insert yogurt into the vagina on a tampon because that doesn't work. Don't douche either because that doesn't actually clear up the infection, but keeps it at bay. It's kind of comparable to using mouth wash without brushing your teeth. It's keeps the bad breath at bay, but the bad bacteria will still be there. Try to look at the smell more as an indicator that the infection isn't gone, more than the actual problem itself.

1. (l.acidophilus) http://www.*****.com/sexual-conditions/tc/bacterial-vaginosis-other-treatment

Last edited by moderator2; 10-24-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: please do not quote when you are the first to reply

Old 10-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The problem may be that your partner is reinfecting you. Until both of you are treated and cured, this isn't going to go away.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
(female)

OlliesYaya HB User

You poor thing. That very much sounds like what used to happen to me. I've suffered from chronic yeast infections since I was 18--it's embarrassing to see that clumpy, cottage-cheesy looking discharge, knowing that it came from you! Ugh! I went as far as to douche with unflavored yogurt but nothing helped long-term.

With me, the week leading up to or the week after my period, was the worst; I've spent a small fortune on OTC yeast medicines--it made me very self-conscious and embarrassed!

Finally, my doctor prescribed a pill, that I only had to take once or twice. I wish I could remember the name of it but it was so long ago. I remember the vial only having 3 pills in it--I want to say I took 1 monthly??? Anyway, it solved the problem. I don't have access to those medical records anymore, but if I can think of the name of the pill (and I know you prefer more natural approach), I'll let you know. Good luck.

Last edited by OlliesYaya; 10-26-2009 at 03:13 AM.

Closed Thread