It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

jdsun HB User
Anyone have adhesions after vaginal prolapse surgery?

I am 3 weeks post-op from a VERY large prolapse repair surgery. I had a front and back prolapse, a bladder sling, vaginal reconstruction (due to the prolapses) and I also had a laporscopic assisted hysterectomy where they removed my uterus and cervix (I had a painful condition where my uterus was inflamed).

Anyway, I went for my 3 week post-op checkup and my doctor told me that my prolapses were looking great but because it was such an extensive repair, there is an adhesion forming inside my vagina. He told me this may or maynot be a problem. I guess it could lead to very painful intercourse. So, he has instructed me to wait 3 weeks and then have intercourse with my husband. If it is painful, then I will need another surgery to remove the adhesions. He said it would be a very minor procedure compared to what I already went through.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? My initial surgery was a lot harder to recover from than I had anticipated and the thought of having another one just upsets me.

Thanks!
Jdsun

Old 10-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

irene498 HB User
Re: Anyone have adhesions after vaginal prolapse surgery?

I sympathize with you. I had a partial hysterectomy and then a total four months later. My abdomin was loaded with adhesions and they are painful. I was told I should have been working with physical therapist womens post surgery, to strenghthen the abdominal muscles. DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF. I did and I thought I caused a hernia. I have been doing the therapy and manipulation of the incision site for 6 mos. and I am starting to feel and see results. I too do not want to go back for surgery. Just take it easy be patient. I can live with the bulge but not the pain. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread