It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

jdsun HB User
Post-Op Rectocle Pain

I had a major rectocle and cystocle (sp??) 4 weeks ago tomorrow. (along with a partial hysterectomy and bladder sling). Everything else is healing well, but I still have a lot of discomfort from the rectocele part of the surgery. After I have a BM, it tends to get VERY soar. The pain is right on my lower tailbone area.

Just wondering if this is normal and how long it takes to heal.

Thanks
Jdsun

Old 10-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Post-Op Rectocle Pain

It should not hurt that much. Mine didn't. I did take stool softeners to make BMs very easy. Ask your doctor if it is healing right.

Love,

Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #3
(female)

dorisgarcia HB User

)I am 1 week post op. I went home the same day. Uncomfortable to sit. Still have pink colored vaginal discharged. One of the stitches fell out yesterday while urinating. Not sure if I am healing correcting. Maybe I am overdoing myself. Other than that, feeling great. Was not too painful. After surgery, I was given a pain reliever (Ultracet), which I only took the first 2 days/and an antibiotic for the first 3 days.

Would like to know, being that the area is, for the most part very moist, will I have this vaginal discharge (pink colored) for a while.

Last edited by dorisgarcia; 11-01-2009 at 04:24 AM.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
(female)

fairytana HB User

I am two weeks post op, and I am hurting like crazy. Exactly as was described before, in my tailbone area, and it is deep throbbing pain. One bad thing about my rectocele repair was that I had become severly constipated (20 days....) and had to be hospitalized to remove an impaction. I think my body has just been through a lot, but I can't get any pain relief whatsoever. Sitting, laying down, most everything makes me squirm. I got the impaction cleared, but it was very invasive, and am not sure now why I haven't had a BM since... I'm thinking it might be anxiety and that I was so throughly cleaned out??? Anyway, I just found this site and have been so thankful. I had my two week checkup today, and the pain I described to him didn't seem to surprise him, he just came back with a script for Torodol, which I don't find to be very helpful. Ice hurts, arg. I'm trying to stay positive, but I wish I had known more about this before I had it done.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
(female)

DMCDDay HB User

Getting very nervous. I will be havingin patient rectocele surgery on December 29. I will also have work done on my bladder and vagina. I was wondering if anyone else has had this done abdominally? I have been reading the board and am now more scared than ever. Any advice?

Old 12-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
(female)

tabbran HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorisgarcia View Post
)I am 1 week post op. I went home the same day. Uncomfortable to sit. Still have pink colored vaginal discharged. One of the stitches fell out yesterday while urinating. Not sure if I am healing correcting. Maybe I am overdoing myself. Other than that, feeling great. Was not too painful. After surgery, I was given a pain reliever (Ultracet), which I only took the first 2 days/and an antibiotic for the first 3 days.

Would like to know, being that the area is, for the most part very moist, will I have this vaginal discharge (pink colored) for a while.
Hi. I had a rectocele repair 9 weeks ago, and I've just begun to feel like I don't need to wear a pad. The pink discharge was around for probably 4 weeks, but I've also had a really odd anal discharge and my bowels are just not the same yet. And at 9 weeks, I still have a couple stitches that haven't come out. I am surprised you only took your antibiotic for such a short time. I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks, and then again when a bladder infection set in at 3 weeks, and then again when a vaginal infection set me back! I wish you all the best inyour recovery. I'd like to stay in touch since we're pretty close in our time frame.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
(female)

tabbran HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCDDay View Post
Getting very nervous. I will be havingin patient rectocele surgery on December 29. I will also have work done on my bladder and vagina. I was wondering if anyone else has had this done abdominally? I have been reading the board and am now more scared than ever. Any advice?
Wow! I just found this site today, and it sounds like you're going in tomorrow. You're having ALOT of work done. My work (rectocele) was done vaginally, so I can't speak directly to what you're looking at. I would say you should be discussing these fears with your surgeon. And if he/she doesn't have answers that make you feel better, postpone the procedure. Your mental health will directly affect your physical healing. Take time to listen to yourself!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
(female)

roadtrip3 HB User

hi, i had a rectocele repair 12 days ago.....the outside is healing well...but like you when i have a bm i get a lot of pain after, and in my tail bone and perineum area especially!..i was hoping that nearly 2 weeks down the line things would feel a lot more comfortable ...but they do not.......

Old 03-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
(female)

Blackfoot45 HB User

Hi, I can't help you with your question..I'm set to have the same thing done..can I ask you for your help..I am have been raped by my stepfather from the time i was 7 til i was 14 and i had a Dr rape me when i was 19 I can't get anyone to tell me what happens in preop... I need to know how to deal with this...I have a real problem with being touched and exposed ...can you help me..the unknown is killing me

Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 AM   #10
(female)

roadtrip3 HB User

hi blackfoot45,im so sorry to hear about the terrible things that have happened to you...have you told anyone?;;;especially about the dr...thats a terrible breach of trust and he should be struck off immediately....i can fully understand why you are feeling so vulnerable about the whole thing......have you asked to see a lady dr...i did, as like you i feel uncomfortable around men....the first dr i saw was a man who made me feel uncomfortable so i changed to a lady dr who is lovely.
i didnt do anything for pre-op...just blood pressure check height weight etc...i didnt have an enema or anything.....the op itself was fine....i woke up after the op and wasnt in any pain just a little uncomfy..but that was because i had a catheter in and packing...once they pulled the packing out it felt fine......i am 8 weeks post op now and still feeling sore when i have a BM....but the dr said i have a random stitch stuck in my bowel that hasnt come out...so she said to leave it a few weeks and if it still hasnt come out then i will have to have a little op to remove it!....but other than that my vagina looks great...u wouldnt know i had, had anything done..
How old are you?...please get in touch again and let me know how things go...or if you just want to talk
best wishes...annette x

Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
(female)

Blackfoot45 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip3 View Post
hi blackfoot45,im so sorry to hear about the terrible things that have happened to you...have you told anyone?;;;especially about the dr...thats a terrible breach of trust and he should be struck off immediately....i can fully understand why you are feeling so vulnerable about the whole thing......have you asked to see a lady dr...i did, as like you i feel uncomfortable around men....the first dr i saw was a man who made me feel uncomfortable so i changed to a lady dr who is lovely.
i didnt do anything for pre-op...just blood pressure check height weight etc...i didnt have an enema or anything.....the op itself was fine....i woke up after the op and wasnt in any pain just a little uncomfy..but that was because i had a catheter in and packing...once they pulled the packing out it felt fine......i am 8 weeks post op now and still feeling sore when i have a BM....but the dr said i have a random stitch stuck in my bowel that hasnt come out...so she said to leave it a few weeks and if it still hasnt come out then i will have to have a little op to remove it!....but other than that my vagina looks great...u wouldnt know i had, had anything done..
How old are you?...please get in touch again and let me know how things go...or if you just want to talk
best wishes...annette x

Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
(female)

Blackfoot45 HB User

hi roadtrip...ty ty for your reply...when I was 19 Drs. didn't have to have a nurse in the room during and exam....and it was a navy capt. who would beleave a me over him..and yes I have been in treatment over the years and on so many me3ds it isn't funny...noone has helped me....I need to know how many people will be touching me and how many I will be exposed to...that is what worries me..I don't even let my husband touch me down there....I'm a reck...and can't stop crying just thinking about this......

Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
(female)

roadtrip3 HB User

hi, try not to worry too much...u will be ok and you will feel so much better after the op. No one touched me or looked down below until after the op...and then it was a lovely nurse who just pulled the packing out...she was very professional and didnt make me feel uncomfortable or anything.....then i went home and only had to get my bits out for the post op check a few weeks later......please try not to get too stressed about it.......good luck...let me know how it goes...x

Closed Thread