It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

rachelo HB User
Don't know what's wrong

I am twenty four years old and I have had extremely bad periods my entire life. I will literally bleed for months at a time with no break. I got put on birth control at sixteen, which never worked very effectively at stopping my periods but it did help some. Along with the birth control came severe migranes that I still have today. I had a baby a little over a year ago and have been back on birth control almost three months and I am yet to stop my period. I will have a break of maybe a couple days every few weeks but that is it. I am having very heavy periods a long with cramps and of course migraines. That is not my main concern however, what is really worrying me is I am fatigued, weak, dizzy, achy all the time. I just feel sad and depressed and have no energy, and with my baby this is not a good thing. I feel like I am missing out on enjoying life because I always feel so bad. If anyone has any ideas about what my possible problem could be please let me know because my doctors just always try a new birth control which never fixes anything!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Don't know what's wrong

Rachelo: There could be a variety of things wrong with you. You need to have your hormones checked by an endocrinologist to start with. He could also check your thyroid levels. You could be allergic to the BCP. The BCP won't stop your period. You should also have your blood sugars checked as well as vitamin and mineral levels. A doctor who specializes in holistic/natural medicine might be a better one to see. The migraines could be hormonally induced. Keep a calendar of when they are during your cycle and see if they happen right before, during and after your cycle.

Also, women sometimes can have a deficiency in Vit. B6, B12 and magnesium. Having a test done to see what your toxic and non-toxic elements are in your body will help determine if you have a magnesium deficiency. I had a hair analysis done that showed that I was low in magnesium and selenium. If you're a caffeine drinker the caffeine will lower your magnesium levels. Do you crave chocolate? If so, chocolate has magnesium in it. Also have your Vit. D levels checked. If you're low in that it could cause the achiness. You're probably not getting enough sleep if you've got a new baby. Stress can cause issues with your body too.

If you are bleeding as much as you say you are that is not normal. You're losing too much blood and that could make you dizzy right there. Get a new doctor that will find the problem. Have you ever had any ultrasounds or scans of your uterus? You could have endometriosis, PCOS, or other issues that a BCP won't fix. Don't give up. The endocrinologist could shed alot of light on this just by checking the hormones. Start there and see what happens. I'm sure other ladies will respond. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread