It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Unhappy Tomorrow is my Hysterosonogram and I am a bit nervous

Hi everyone,

I have been waiting around 3 weeks for this test to be done because my transvag sono showed a tiny polyp but to be sure I have to have saline sono now. In the mean time my pap, hpv, mammo all normal - Thank goodness. Now this is my last exam for the moment and I am praying all turns out ok. The polyp thing scares me simply because I have been reading that there is a chance they can be cancerous - I am 42 not gone through menopause yet so the chances are low but the fact the chance is there scares me. They originally though it was a fibroid but they don't think so-I know those are difficult to have but they are always benign so it is less scary. I am hoping the procedure is not too painful and I hope I will be given an idea of what it is and I am hoping this polyp they saw is gone (I hear that is possible too) because I don't want any surgeries I just want not to think about any of this at all. I just want to prepare for the holidays and live without this worry. Please pray for me and thanks to all the people who are always giving me encouraging words. Talk to you soon Kimberly.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Tomorrow is my Hysterosonogram and I am a bit nervous

No worries, you'll be fine. Really, I'm telling you, it just feels really weird when they fill up your uterus with water and when they let the water out. I don't think the water was cold, per se but I remember it just felt weird. The only part that was uncomfortable for me was the insertion of the catheter through the cervix, but even that wasn't unbearable, it was just uncomfortable. It's truly not that bad. In my opinion, biopsies are way more painful.

And even if it's a polyp, that's also not a big deal. I know there's always that thought in the back of your mind about the big C, I also worried each time! But it's so, so rare in women who are not menopausal that you really shouldn't worry about that. I was more upset when I found out I had a fibroid because they're a lot harder to remove and they grow larger and cause a lot more problems with heavy bleeding and cramps and stuff.

I'm sure you'll be ok. Even if you still have a polyp and it needs to be removed, you just gotta trust me when I tell you that procedure is a breeze. It's only natural you'd be worried but just believe me when I tell you that I've been through much worse and I'd take an easy surgery/recovery like that over any of the others any day. If you have to do it then get it done on a Thursday if possible and take off Friday so you'll have a full 4 days to chill and take it easy before going back to work. Technically you'll probably only need 3 days but I like to pamper myself a bit so I always take 4.

You'll be ok, you'll see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Re: Tomorrow is my Hysterosonogram and I am a bit nervous

Thank you so much KSZAN

Last edited by kimiesoscared; 10-26-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Closed Thread