It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
(female)

msboards2 HB User
Question Gyn Oncologist and RE (gyn issues) Doc Recommendations USA Major Cities

Hi, everyone.

I'm ready to move to see a new and great deal better doc than are available here. I'm needing to see a RE (infertility -- emphasis on complex masses, ovarian cancer, and EP) or better yet a Gyn Oncologist. I'm ready for lap. surgery to remove my masses, so it would be great if new doc also at least participated in the surgery.

Locations for new doc considerations: Major City area along either the west or east coast, USA.

Additional Requirements: Doc must be comfortable w/ thinking outside the box and have only the most current, technological equipment with specialized skilled technicians.

Ditto for surgeons and hospitals.

Thanks in Advance,
msboards2

Last edited by moderator2; 10-29-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: please do not solicit pm's, as per the posting policy

Old 10-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Gyn Oncologist and RE (gyn issues) Doc Recommendations USA Major Cities

Thats a really tough thing to advise on....most major US cities have good University Hospitals and with them, come the better docs....I live half way between NYC and Phila, in NJ...our docs are wonderful and I know of several who might be what you are looking for...however, I wouldnt EVER suggest to anyone that they move to this area, unless they are prepared ahead of time with a good job! We have the most expensive taxes/rent and property of anywhere in the country.....if you consider moving to the Phila or NY area, or anywhere in between, come prepared!
And, if you do decide on this area, also know about the weather conditions. We get hammered with snow in the winter, and have extreme high humidity in the summer...but should you decide on this area, let us know and Ill send you some docs names...

On the other side of things, maybe you want to narrow down where you are going to move to and then shout out asking for doctors?? Might be a better way to make a decision. What you are asking for is common in big city hopsitals, its not like you would have any problem finding someone to help you once you know the location you are going to....Boston and Washington DC also have highly regarded medical centers, as does Chicago, Dallas and parts of CA.

Good luck to you..
N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
(female)

msboards2 HB User

MSNik,

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep all that in mind.

I've been offered a job in Orlando, which is pretty good. Being self-employed is helpful, but I would need an additional job to pay for healthcare costs. My insurance will lower the cost of laproscopic surgery a great deal, but it all adds up very quickly. Sadly, with how I feel and how the economy is, I gotta have a job already in place before even leaving here.

Florida might be the most financially wise place to choose other than maybe Long Island.

Thanks for a reminder about the weather up there. It's good to hear that the doctors are excellent up in NJ/NY. How does the Mayo Clinic in FL compare to the doctors and hospitals up there, especially in relation to thinking outside the box?

How do they compare to the major CA ones (San Jose, San Francisco, and San Diego)?

I know my case might be a bit much for Orlando and thus end up traveling to either Mayo Clinic or down to Miami.

Thanks,
msboards2

Old 10-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

msboards

If you are planning on moving to the Orlando area, you have access to Orlando Medical Center ( I believe is the name). This is a very large and updated hospital. You also have the Cleveland Clinic in Gainsville. On the west coast of Florida (travel directly across rt 4) you have Tampa General and Sarasota Memorial. I would advocate for you to research your doctors because Florida is not known for having a great many good doctors, although they do have some very good ones. I was fortunate to have found one in Ft Myers when I lived down there who delivered my daughter. We moved up to Massachusetts when she was 4 weeks old. You can go online to the Florida State website and it will give you the education and liscensing information on all the doctors liscensed to practice in Florida. It also will give you any criminal, civil or disiplinary actions taken against the doctor. You should also go onto to the hospital websites to see if they list the specialties or clinics they may have.

Good luck on your move.

Closed Thread