It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
(female)

moe2goody HB User
wedding day disaster

i am getting married on saturday to a man i have been with since the age of thirteen the love of my life and as luck would have it my period came unexspected and im am distraught. we have waited for this day to have sex and planned everything down tpo the detail and this happens if i could just have my wedding weekend id give anything can someone out there please help me and give me some advice to stop the bleeding it would be the best gift i could ever recieve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: wedding day disaster

Sorry, there is nothing you can do once it has started. Have a beautiful wedding and enjoy the day...make beautiful memories.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
(male)

ghreef HB User
Re: wedding day disaster

Simple advice - you are getting married. You will be together (God willing) for the rest of your long, happy lives. Things like this will happen - period on wedding day, flu on an anniversary, who knows what. Just remember a favorite quote of mine - "Life is what gets in the way of plans." Open up and be honest with your future husband. Let him know that you've waited this long and you want it to be perfect with him. Let him know what you wish it hadn't happened this way and you'd love to consumate your marriage on the night of you wedding, but you wouldn't feel comfortable, and as soon as your period ends you will let him know so you can have that special night. At the least you can dress up again that night in your wedding dress and let him take it off of you like you wanted him to on your wedding night. It's let's you remember your day, and you get to wear your wedding gown twice (a rarity). I'm sure any man that has the maturity and respect for you to wait until your wedding day will also extend it so you can both enjoy it.

Good luck and God's blessing's on your wedding and marriage.
GH

PS - lesson to learn from this: if you are going to plan, you need to REALLY plan. Next time you want to set up a romantic vacation or something, make sure you schedule it at least a week away from when you are going to get your period. I know it's tough for a woman to plan like that since it's just a part of your life, but since being intimate with my wife is a very important thing to me, I've taken on the responsibilty of "period control". I track my wife's period so I can assit in ensuring plans are really planned accordingly for everything (period) <- pun intended

Closed Thread