It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
(female)

legalrun HB User
4 a.m. Nausea, Please Help

My husband and I have been waiting for my next period to see if I am pregnant or not. Last night, 4 days before my expected period, I woke up at 4 a.m. with diarrhea and nausea. Didn't feel too great til later that evening, so I took an 'early detection' test; it was negative. I did have some very light, brown spotting; thought it might be implantation bleeding. Tonight I am up (obviously) at the same time with the same problem, only much more intense this time. Both nights I've felt like I'm starting the worst period ever.

Am I pregnant? Or is this just a bug?

Also, if I am pregnant, can I take pepto bismal? Anything else? This will be my first pregnancy. I'm excited and scared and sick all at the same time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
(female)

legalrun HB User
Re: 4 a.m. Nausea, Please Help

5 hours after my initial post I have started some light but bright red spotting. My period still isn't supposed to start until day after tomorrow. Do I need to contact my doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

Sounds like you're just having a bad period. No need for the doctor unless things get radically worse.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
(female)

legalrun HB User

Just wanted to add that a month after my original posting I had another episode that was far far worse. I did see a doctor and was diagnosed with pancreatitis. I felt so stupid and heartbroken for thinking I was pregnant when I was having a pancreatic attack.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

Big hugs! Sorry you were "duped" by your body. I understand how you feel. At least you now have answers.

Good luck!

Closed Thread