It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
(female)

phillyjules HB User
Exclamation AVM or just complicated bleeding??

July 25th, I had an abortion at 16 weeks

September 17, I thought I'd started my regular period again. The first day was normal as it could possibly be. The second day, I had blood literally pour out of my body uncontrollably.

I was passing clots about the size of a quarter at first, and by the time I got to the ER, the bleeding had worsened and the clots were getting bigger. I passed clots that at times were nearly the size of a tennis ball, and they seemed to just shoot out of my body. I was completely hysterical, and the ER doctors said I must have retained product from abortion and called in an emergency surgeon ob/gyn.

During my ultrasound, before the ob/gyn got there, the radiologist came in the room himself and said that he noticed something that may be an "AVM", but could not tell because of the large number of clots in my vagina and uterus.

When the ob/gyn got there, she said I did not need surgery like the ER docs said and that I didn't have retained product because my pregnancy test was negative. My blood tests were okay and negative for infection. She gave me Provera to take for ten days at a time for the next three months and said while she didn't believe I had this "AVM", I should follow up with a MRI if I could afford it somehow since I have no insurance/assistance

The most severe bleeding took place from around 2pm until 6pm that day. I began my Provera the next day, and started keeping a diary of my bleeding. I wasn't detailed regarding the # of pads, but it went like this:

17-went to the hospital (notes above)

18-20Started provera. Darker blood, heavy still, no big clots

21-Heavier bleeding w/ small clots

22-Same

23-Much heavier w/ bigger clots and brighter red

24-Sucked. Really, really heavy, I could feel it running out, but noticed no clots, blood was the brighter red

25-Super heavy red liquid bleeding during the day, then almost no bleeding from 7pm on. Just a light bit of spotting

26-730am could feel blood before i even got out of bed, heavy until 915am, nothing from 915a-3pm a bit of bleeding until 730, heavier around 7pm. No noticeable bleeding until 10pm, soaked a pad from 10-230am then no overnight bleeding, just a trace of spotting.

27-Bleeding started at 1230 when I would use the bathroom, a little spotting on pads and yucky cramps, heavier in aftn. and night, no overnight bleeding again

28-Bad cramps, light bleeding all day.

29-Bleeding seemed to taper to spotting only and stop for awhile.

Aside from light spotting, bleeding had ceased completely by October 2nd.

OCTOBER 18- Started Provera, still no bleeding since last month

19-21no bleeding

22- normal heavy period flow, darker blood.

23-Heavy gushing all day long with tiny clots here and there. Soaked an overnight maxi from 630p-915pm.
915pm-1047pm changed pad again, more for comfort but it was maybe half soaked 2-4am, a lot of liquid coming out, every time i stand up it seems to have a gush. the blood is brighter red in color

24- No clots at all, a lot of bright red blood coming out when I stand up, sometimes can feel it run out when I'm not standing. Eased up in the evening, only to return to heavy bleeding overnight.

25-Slept until 430pm. Regular period bleeding most of the evening with heavy at times, small flakier clots, some blood is brownish.

26-Really light bleeding until late night. Weird "fleshy" clot around midnight. Looked more like tissue than a blood clot.

27-Moderate bleeding overnight, really bad cramps, mostly darker blood. No gushing,

28- Very 'gassy' today, light to medium bleeding. Last day of this round of Provera.

29- Brown trace bleeding w/ small clots (not jelly like, they actually seemed more like jelly beans than jelly-ish), went to see doctor who did my abortion @ 11am. He did an US and said my uterus looked great, and that the hormone pills (Provera) could be causing my bleeding. Advised me to discontinue pills and come back in one month. Wiped the inside of me with gauze & got brown blood back, said that should be the last of it. No notable bleeding rest of day

30- Woke up with heavy bleeding late morning. A smaller gush of red blood on toilet. Around 415pm, heavy red blood w/ a clot about as big as an ink pen in diameter, jelly like. Darker clots. Awful cramps all day.

31- Yucky cramps all day with heavy bleeding. Still brighter red than a normal periods blood. Gushes at times, felt a little funny if I'd stand up too quickly. No real lightheadedness or LOC.

November

1- Heavy red bleeding overnight, in medium gushes. Persistent cramping w/ flow equal to that of a heavy period. Only difference is the drip-drops of red blood in the toilet when I pee. ~going into Nov 2~Worried sick and can't sleep. No super heavy bleeding since returning from work @ 3am-cramps only providing discomfort rather than pain at this point.

So, what's up? Anyone experience anything like this? It's crazy, has me worried sick, up and down all night long, and I can't seem to get a solid answer out of anyone.

Maybe talking to some people will help me ease my mind or kick my A** into gear going in the right direction for treatment.

Waiting it out to see how long this goes on doesn't sound like such a great idea.

Please, I'm desperate. Someone talk to me?

-A.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
(female)

OBK HB User
Re: AVM or just complicated bleeding??

I have this same problem.. but it just started within this month, it's going on a full month now.. my doctor put me on provera.. have you figured out what is causing it? I'm stressed out and its depressing me.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
(female)

OBK HB User
Re: AVM or just complicated bleeding??

I however did not have an Abortion.. I just started having these bleeds that are uncontrollable.. I wish I knew what it was.

Closed Thread