It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

fleurir HB User
irregular period!!

hi im a 27yrs old & married. i have irregular periods (arnd 35days). in april this yr, i had excessive bleeding (i continued to bleed for 20days) though not heavy. since i hadnt gone through anything like this i went to the doc. the doc did a complete exam & sd i was completely fine. she put me on pills for 10days to reset my cycle. i got my period imm (as its supposed to happen coz of the pill). then i skipped my period for 3months. then i started to have doubts if i was pregnant so i went back to the doc. i wasnt & she askd to wait for the period to begin again as i didnt want to go any medication. i got my period in a few days. the next month too i got it but it went on for 3 weeks. intially the bleeding was light & went on to becoming heavy. now the bleeding has stopped.

but now something strange is happening. i have some red/brown discharge coming---even though when I wipe myself I get some blood on the toilet-paper, I don't get any in my underwear.

Whenever I wake up in the morning, the blood is very minimal and is brown, and after I shower there's nothing, and then after about three hours there is reddish blood, on the toilet paper. Sometimes its thick, sometimes thin brownish/reddish in colour.

i am confused & really do not if there is anything wrong. i have undergone complete exam including blood work, pap smear & everything is normal.
now we are trying for a baby too. what should i do??? am i overly stressing out about all this???? please do help me out! thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
(female)

Rebeca1184 HB User
Re: irregular period!!

I have been having almost the same EXACT problem!! It started about mid-July, I got my normal period and it just never stopped. The flow would be light and then get heavy, then taper off to almost non-existent, then get heavy again, and this went on for about a month or so. Then, when I went to the doctor she said it was stress, put me on a hormone (the name escapes me) for 10 days to stop the bleeding - which it did, for 7 days. Then I started my period again. She also gave me a prescription for Seasonique to start after I started my period again.

I've been on the Seasonique since 9/6/09 and ever since about mid September I've had the dark red/brown discharge you're talking about. When I called my doctor to ask about this she told me not to worry, that it sometimes takes 90 days for your hormones to "get back on track" after you start birth control, and "spotting" is normal. Well I've been on the pill for two months now and there's been no change. Sometimes it's only a tiny bit when I wipe, sometimes it's a lot more. I have noticed that the past couple of weeks I've had some very, very light cramping (like the least painful period cramps I've ever had) but I don't know if that's just everyday type pains or what. I told myself not to worry, to wait the full 90 days like the doctor said but it just doesn't seem right to me to bleed for almost four months straight and just "wait it out."

I made an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion and if they can't find anything I'm going to ask for an ultrasound, just to ease my mind at least.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
(female)

fleurir HB User

thanks for sharing. i too would take an appointment soon. do let me know how your appointment goes & what the doc says. good luck!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
(female)

rooney5 HB User

i have been having the same problem since january/february of last year. i had a regular period and then there was spotting, sometimes just when i would wipe, sometimes in my underwear, sometimes heavier then others. but basically it is like 3 out of the 4 weeks of a month that i am worried about possibly bleeding. i can still tell when i get my period because it is heavier and i have cramps. this all sounds very similar to what you both described.

did either of you figure out what was happening?

my dr. originally checked me for a few things, i had an internal ultrasound done to make sure there were no pollups and something else that i can't remember. that stuff checked out ok, but there was a spot on the ultrasound so i had an mri done to make sure everything else was ok. it turned out i had 3 ovarian dermoids (which are mass filled cysts) i had them removed in march. online it seemed like the symptoms i was having could have been caused by the dermoids, but my dr. said it was unlikely. i was still hopeful that after the surgery things would go back to normal. but i had no such luck. and my initial problem of bleeding all the time has continued.

i have actually also been having daily headaches that started around the same time.
has anyone been having headaches? this has become a more annoying problem, because over time the headaches have become increasingly worse. i get a migraine and have to leave work atleast once a week.

just htought i'd see if either of you got anywhere with your dr.s or if you were also experiencing headaches. perhaps they are related.

Closed Thread