It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
(female)

sillymonkey HB User
spotting or implantation bleeding?

Alright. Panicking a bit over here!
My period was due about 5 days ago. I believe I was ovulating around Oct 15th. I had sex with someone I shouldn't have on Oct 19th. We used condoms, and I am not on birth control.

Yesterday I had very light pink spotting, barely anything and thought "What a relief!" Then mostly nothing else until tonight, a wee bit more pink followed by a bit of brown spotting just now. Totally doesn't look anything like my normal period. I remembered in my preliminary panicked internet research reading about implantation bleeding and can't stop trying to figure out if that is what this is. I have been cramping a lot, and really hoped this was my period. My period can often be late for no good reason, even when I've had no sex.

Ultimately I know I need to take a pee test a.s.a.p.

What I am curious about is, can stress/change in routine possibly cause this type of spotting or irregularity in my period? I recently was layed off from my full-time job, so my schedule has changed and I am a bit worried about what the future holds.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by sillymonkey; 11-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
(female)

sillymonkey HB User
Re: spotting or implantation bleeding?

Please help if you can..I am still scared over here!!

I am still confused over here...as I am experiencing the strangest periods of my life which make me unsure whether I couldn't still possibly be pregnant. So weird. Basically in November, I had the weird pink/brown thing...with mild cramps...and eventually just a hint of a normal period, but with my negative pee test and the doc's negative pee test...and the way they nearly dismissed me when I had something similar to a period, I decided to move on.

December...about 7 days AFTER it was due...after I took ANOTHER pee test which was negative...I had a full on normal period. I was so grateful...not for the heavy cramps...but for the regularity of it and thought I was in the clear.

January...so, I got some cramping 2 days before my period is to start..which I guess sometimes happens a wee bit...but this literally felt like it was the real thing. Nothing. Two days late for the expected start date...I feel the cramps...I go the the bathroom...I see I've got the light pink/red (dark bathroom)...put the real pad on and come home. Hours later when I see it again...it's brown...like the end of the friggin period usually is.

I can't afford to keep taking these pee tests.
If I had sex with a condom in October...if I were pregnant, wouldn't I know by January??? Wouldn't there be other symptoms??

Is my period just changing??

Why does this have to be so hard???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread