It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Red face Here we go now what!

Hi Ladies-as most of you know - I have a possible polyp and hysterosono was not able to be done because I have stenosis of the cervix (very narrow) catheter would not go through cervix to put saline. Dr. calls me to check if I am coming in for follow up with her this Friday- I say yes but I am thinking it is just to talk about my options - since she said there is something I can put in my vagina the night before the hysterosono in order to dialate my cervix. Then she says she is going to see if she can do something to my cervix when I come in-I froze up and said ok. Now I started thinking what is she going to do I had a pap - normal. What is she going to do to my cervix - Lord have Mercy on Me I am sorry but I am scared. I want to laugh to because I keep picturing her putting my tiny cervix in her hand and massaging it and pushing it to the side in order to make room for the catheter - Oh this is just too much for my nerves. What could it be and I tried calling her back but she left for the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

Sisterwayne HB UserSisterwayne HB User
Re: Here we go now what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiesoscared View Post
Hi Ladies-as most of you know - I have a possible polyp and hysterosono was not able to be done because I have stenosis of the cervix (very narrow) catheter would not go through cervix to put saline. Dr. calls me to check if I am coming in for follow up with her this Friday- I say yes but I am thinking it is just to talk about my options - since she said there is something I can put in my vagina the night before the hysterosono in order to dialate my cervix. Then she says she is going to see if she can do something to my cervix when I come in-I froze up and said ok. Now I started thinking what is she going to do I had a pap - normal. What is she going to do to my cervix - Lord have Mercy on Me I am sorry but I am scared. I want to laugh to because I keep picturing her putting my tiny cervix in her hand and massaging it and pushing it to the side in order to make room for the catheter - Oh this is just too much for my nerves. What could it be and I tried calling her back but she left for the day.
Wow - I understand how scared you are. I recently went thru something very similar. You should insist that the doctor do this in a surgical setting and under anesthesia. I was diagnosed with a polyp and the doctor tried an endometrial biopsy to get it; then she tried a hysteroscopy in the office to get it. My cervix is small, too. She'll give you Cytotec to take by mouth or to insert into your vagina. That helps to "ripen" your cervix so she can get it. She'll probably also inject your cervix with Lidocaine to numb it up.

Anyway --- the hysteroscopy in the office didn't work either and it was so painful she had to end the procedure. Last week I went to the surgical center and had anesthesia. I was in and out in less than 1 hour. The procedure probably didn't take more than 30 minutes. All went well.

Just insist on having it done under anesthesia. These in-office procedures are barbaric and it's all because the insurance companies insist upon them first before they approve anything surgical.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Re: Here we go now what!

Thanks for your response. Now that you mentioned it that is exactly what she told me originally that she would give me cytotex for the night before procedure - to insert so by the next day I would be dialated. I hope that is what she is planning - but yesterday she said she is going to try something on my cervix and like I mentioned before what the heck does that mean exactly? so I will see tomorrow and keep what you mentioned in my mind-all of this nonsence for a polyp - amazing - something I hear that is usually so simple is turning into quite an ordeal-I am going to change my name to frustratedinny. HOw funny it will be to have gone through all of this and there is no damn polyp-all for nothing, nada, zip.-uggggggh

Last edited by kimiesoscared; 11-05-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Closed Thread