It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

blaire85 HB User
Irregular Period

Hey everyone, I just wondered if anyone could offer any insight into what's going on with me! I'm 24, and I've always had slightly irregular periods. Then about 2 years ago, they got more irregular, heavier, and very painful. My doctor put me on birth control, but it didn't seem to help and due to past eating disorder issues, I'm always very worried about weight gain on the pill. So I talked to my doctor and she said if it wasn't helping, I could stop taking it. Then last year, I skipped several periods. When it came back, it started to last only a day or so, but it's still extremely painful. I have the worst cramps I've ever had, to the point of tears, but I have only one day of heavy bleeding. I called my doctor after a few months, and she put me on birth control again. This time, it was even worse - I just had continual bleeding for about 2 months. I was taking it at the same time every morning and I never missed a day, so needless to say, I was miserable and couldn't deal with that. I stopped taking it as well, so now I'm back to square one. My periods had always lasted at least 4 days before, so I'm just concerned about why it's only a day now, but continues to be so painful for several days. Has anyone had a similar experience or know what could be causing it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

tissue paper HB User
Re: Irregular Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaire85 View Post
Hey everyone, I just wondered if anyone could offer any insight into what's going on with me! I'm 24, and I've always had slightly irregular periods. Then about 2 years ago, they got more irregular, heavier, and very painful. My doctor put me on birth control, but it didn't seem to help and due to past eating disorder issues, I'm always very worried about weight gain on the pill. So I talked to my doctor and she said if it wasn't helping, I could stop taking it. Then last year, I skipped several periods. When it came back, it started to last only a day or so, but it's still extremely painful. I have the worst cramps I've ever had, to the point of tears, but I have only one day of heavy bleeding. I called my doctor after a few months, and she put me on birth control again. This time, it was even worse - I just had continual bleeding for about 2 months. I was taking it at the same time every morning and I never missed a day, so needless to say, I was miserable and couldn't deal with that. I stopped taking it as well, so now I'm back to square one. My periods had always lasted at least 4 days before, so I'm just concerned about why it's only a day now, but continues to be so painful for several days. Has anyone had a similar experience or know what could be causing it?
You might want to ask your doctor to check for uterine fibroids. I have them and I suffer from terrible cramps, irregular periods, extended periods and back pain. Mine have grown over the past year and soon I will have to do something because my pain and discomfort is only getting worse. Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread