It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

jkt27 HB User
Pus and blood coming from left nipple when squeezed

(Sorry if this is a bit gross!)

About 5 days ago I noticed that my left nipple was sore. Three days ago I noticed it felt hard and swollen on the inside, sort of like behind the nipple. So I looked at it under a bright light and squeezed it a bit, and it popped like a big pimple. A big drop of yellow/green/white liquid came out. It had a little tiny bit of a blood colour to it aswell.
I went to the doctor yesterday and she thought it was an infection. I was prescribed antibiotics and have taken two so far. I squeezed it again tonight (24 hours after the doctor's visit) and some more yellow/green stuff came out, but then it was followed by blood. Not very mich blood, but blood nonetheless. It feels like there is a long tube going from behind my nipple deeper into my breast. It's hard to describe but it feels very different from my right nipple, which is completely fine.

I have never experienced anything like this before! I will be going back to the doctor on Friday for a checkup but I was wondering if I should go back before because of the blood that came out and she said to come in if anything changed? What could I possibly have?

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
(female)

holly clock HB User
Re: Pus and blood coming from left nipple when squeezed

From what i've read, blood and yellow/green discharge from the nipple could possibly be a sign of Breast Cancer. You need to get it checked out. If it is an infection 24 hours wouldn't be enough time for the symptoms to go away.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-16-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread